Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2013 F-250 New Shoes

19K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  Tim250 
#1 ·
Got some new shoes put on the other day!:woot: 315/70R17 duratracs with Fuel hostage 17" wheels. Ordering the carli starter 2.5" as we speak since they rub a little at full lock.
Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Pickup truck

See less See more
#2 ·
Got some new shoes put on the other day!:woot: 315/70R17 duratracs with Fuel hostage 17" wheels. Ordering the carli starter 2.5" as we speak since they rub a little at full lock.
View attachment 140762

View attachment 140770

View attachment 140778
:ORG welcome: Nice Truck! The 17's look a little too small to me, but it's not my truck so my opinion doesn't matter.

Are you rubbing the radius arm at full lock? If so the leveling kit won't solve the issue.

If it is rubbing one of the radius arms at full lock, but not the other. Then an adjustable trac bar could help you out. :thumb:

#4 ·
Thanks for the welcoming. I hear ya about rim size. I don't mind the smaller rim and tires are cheaper. I get a whole tire for free virtually. I'm gonna go with no, not the radius arm. I'd need a little help at describing which part that is actually. I'm a little new to the truck world. The front left rubs on the metal part of the bumper a little and the front right rubs on the back side of the fender. mostly the fender well lining, maybe nicking the thin piece of metal that the lining screws to. FYI -12mm offset

#6 ·
By what you are describing, a leveling kit will stop the rubbing. From the side pics you took of the truck, I couldn't tell how far the wheels are sticking out. Now knowing you got a -12 offset (which puts centerline of the new wheels exactly 2" further out then stock) and 315mm wide tires, it all makes sense.

#5 ·
I was about to order the kit, but now yall having me guessing. I might wait till tomorrow and crawl under there and look again to make sure its not rubbing anything else.:dunno:

#13 ·
Okay thanks guys. I have been searching and it seems they have a quality product. I just can't see spending the money for the pintop, although I'm sure it is a sweet ride.

#18 ·
I was going to ask the same thing!!!:hehe:

#19 ·
No sorry guys. Think I'm gonna keep them and trade out when needed. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to pm me an offer. I just haven't really thought about selling them. They have 3000 miles on them.

#21 ·
Okay, Carli starter system 2.5" leveling kit will be here tuesday :nod:

#23 ·
Does that come with the 6 leaf add a pack? Or are you going with an F-350 Block in the rear? (Just making sure you are getting the rear up 2"...)

And the 35's on 17's are growing on me a little. I think the first pic I saw was the close-up, and I was turned off a little. But the full side view is pretty mean looking.

#24 ·
You will love you carli starter, I love mine, ride is great. I stuck with 20s though, plan on upgrading to a back country or commuter shock when available. Here is a pic for reference so you can tell how the level comes out:

#26 · (Edited)
Looks bada** man. I really like the look with only a 2.5" lift. My front was only an inch lower then the rear. I like the 20's too. Just felt like saving the money on tires, kinda sounds dumb after all the money spent anyways. I also want some bushwacker fender flares and a line-x spray liner. Later I might upgrade the shocks also, as that is the only difference between the starter and the pintop/commuter series. I don't know what it is, but I'd rather nickel and dime myself than spending flat out 4K!:rofl:

#28 ·
Those 17s look good. I put 325/65r18 duratracs on the stock 18s with plans on upgrading the rims and keeping the 18" size. Now I'm debating switching down to 17s but its too late unless I want to wait till my new tires are bald. So what do you guys think I should do, replace my stock 18s with aftermarket 18" rims? Or keep my stock rims with the 35s till they need replacing and then get 17s? I eventually want to get 37s and 37s on 18s dont leave you with many E rated choices.

#30 ·
That's my thing. Everyone tells me my Duratracs are too small now and those 325s are already the biggest Duratracs that are available for a 18" wheel. The only options out there are a true mud tire which isn't great for anything else, or Open Country M/T which are also overdone but they do make a 37x13.50R18. I really really like the Duratracs which is why I've run them on 3 past trucks. Great winter time performance.

#31 ·
Looks good man! I have Fuel Throttle 20x10s with 35x12.5xr20 coopers. Stock height.

#35 ·
The geolanders by yokohama are a pretty good tire, very quiet and do well in the winter weather. I ran a set of 35s on my '08 cummins 3500.

#37 ·
Text Green Font Line Screenshot

Carli 2.5" starter system. I hate waiting over weekends because they are not business days!

#38 ·
Your truck is gonna look even more awesome with that leveling kit :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.