Paint issues??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paint issues???

Has anyone had any issues with their paint? The last couple off weeks I have noticed blue residue on my truck. I have seen it in several different places including doors/door handles, bed, fender flairs, and bed caps. It seems as if the paint is chalking or oxidizing. It mostly shows up as finger prints, however, they are nut smudges. They wipe right off but keep reappearing although not in the same place necessarily.

I took these pictures today. I am going to wash my truck as soon as I complete this post and see what happens. Hopefully it goes away and stays away. If not I guess I will be making the trip to the dealership. Does anyone know how long the warranty on the paint is? Of course I am 3k miles outside of factory warranty but I did buy an extended plan so hopefully that will cover it if necessary.

Anyone seen this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Paint issues???-1.jpg   Paint issues???-2.jpg   Paint issues???-3.jpg   Paint issues???-4.jpg   Paint issues???-5.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 04:11 PM

Few more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Paint issues???-6.jpg   Paint issues???-7.jpg   Paint issues???-8.jpg   Paint issues???-9.jpg   Paint issues???-10.jpg  

Old 07-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Sorry about the orientation of the pictures. I will rotate and repost them after I get the truck washed.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just wash it and see What happens.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM

Paint is covered under your factory bumper to bumper warranty. Don't think an extended warranty will cover paint since most aren't as comprehensive/offer the same coverage as a brand new vehicle's bumper to bumper warranty. I got the inside of my door jamb repainted after the paint started chipping and flaking down to bare metal. I was under the factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM

in my opinion it looks like a type of pollen but its hard to tell with photos
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 AM

My 2012 had water looking spots under the clear coat. They said i could have the truck repainted but they paint would last as lond as factory.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:21 PM

Clean it up and maybe try keeping it parked someplace different if your around trees. Trees/bushes sometimes can be filthy. Id even try using a good cleaner wax to see what happens
Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM

I had the paint peel off of the putty strip between the roof panel and the door frame assembly. When I took it in the first time ford denied my waranty claiming that it was "chemical damage". I had to get ford customer service involved in order to get it fixed. They eventually did but I had to fight to make it happen.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM

It is definitely not pollen. I washed it last night and will see what happens. I wish I could have gotten better pictures of it. At the right angle and light it is very noticeable. The truck is the factory dark blue color and in the right light and angle the "spots" are a bright cobalt color blue. They look like finger prints and when you change angles they look like normal finger print / smudges but like I say, they are not.

After I washed it the paint looked fine. From what I can see the clear coat looked fine. I don't have a clue what it is. I rubbed the paint firmly with my finger and a white residue formed on the paint. I am just going to keep an eye on it and see what it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.