6.7s all over the world - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7s all over the world

So im deployed right now and the first day we roll into our shop I notice our shop truck is none other then a brand new 2013 f350 6.7. which was kinda surprising to begin with since we usually get 6.0s and 7.3s if we get a diesel at all anyway back to the point of this post. As im doing my walk around inspection of this sweet rig I wanted to check out the def system since its part of my inspection criteria. Well to my surprise there is no def system on the truck. After crawling all over this truck I realized there is no emission equipment anywhere on this truck! WTF I think to myself so just curious how many other countries have you guys been to or seen that don't require emission equipment. I'm currently in southwest asia and this truck was sourced locally so I guess the is no EPA type entity over here yet. In case anyone is curious this truck gets mostly around town type driving and never sees over 40mph and still avgs 16mpg. Which is pretty impressive to me since it never gets into 6th gear. Anyway just wanted to here you guys thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would think it would get better than 16 mpg..I love my 2013,driveability is great!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trucks going to Mexico are emissions free as well. Can't be sold or titled in the states.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Trucks sold in the US, Canada and Europe ( an I'm sure some others too ) get the emissions crap but trucks that are Gov contract that are shipped to say the ME or SA, Asia and so on don't require them so they don't get them. Cut down on manufacturing cost as well as purchasing cost since its cheaper to build them that way. No doubt Ford, Dodge or GM could make all of them like that if the EPA was out of the scene. You'd never be able to import one back into the US though in that condition.

Last edited by Eric@PTP; 07-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

99psd I thought so to but considering it spends most of it time idling around at 15mph and lots of stop and go it kinda makes since. Definitely is one of the most comfortable trucks I have ever driven even with the live axle up front and cloth seats its even more comfortable then 08 lariat back home. We did have an issue where she was leaking coolant from one of the radiator hoses other then that runs like a dream.

Really mexico ? I dont know why that never occured to me hmm interesting...

well from what I have seen in Asia that depends like China Japan and I think India just do to the heavy population are really tightening down on emissions. Especialy on diesels but as far as govement contracted vehicles I dont have as much experience with. I do know back home even trucks that will never see use off installations still have them from what I have seen.

Last edited by thnderchcken; 07-09-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Government vehicles are exempt from all of the regular emission regs. The fire dept I work for is trying to get the same exemption. The regen and DPF systems are brutal to a fire engine. They never get HWY miles and Idle constantly.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajc722 View Post
Government vehicles are exempt from all of the regular emission regs. The fire dept I work for is trying to get the same exemption. The regen and DPF systems are brutal to a fire engine. They never get HWY miles and Idle constantly.
Exactly......that's why we went to the v10.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I live and work in Mexico so decided why not purchase here. I made the decision a few months back when I went into my local Ford dealer. One of the first things I noticed when looking at the truck is that it is built at the Kentucky Ford Truck Plant just like all those in the US. When I opened the fuel door I had a real surprise. No DEF tank or fluid to fool with! Since it is retrofitted for Mexico, it doesn't have all the US required emissions stuff attached, and I suspect will never do a regen! Since Mexico is still on high sulfur diesel fuel, it will run fine both north and south of the US border. I am really looking forward to see what kind of fuel economy this baby will turn out. When these trucks are built for foreign markets, they don't require all the extras. I have a trip scheduled to the Midwest in August-September so that will give me a good idea. Presently have 123 miles on the clock.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Hooked on the POWER...

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdculturekid View Post
I live and work in Mexico so decided why not purchase here. I made the decision a few months back when I went into my local Ford dealer. One of the first things I noticed when looking at the truck is that it is built at the Kentucky Ford Truck Plant just like all those in the US. When I opened the fuel door I had a real surprise. No DEF tank or fluid to fool with! Since it is retrofitted for Mexico, it doesn't have all the US required emissions stuff attached, and I suspect will never do a regen! Since Mexico is still on high sulfur diesel fuel, it will run fine both north and south of the US border. I am really looking forward to see what kind of fuel economy this baby will turn out. When these trucks are built for foreign markets, they don't require all the extras. I have a trip scheduled to the Midwest in August-September so that will give me a good idea. Presently have 123 miles on the clock.
Please let us know your results. Very interesting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.