couple more questions for DRW guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
couple more questions for DRW guys

Alright still havent made my decision on wheter im buying a ram again or a ford. But for you guys running DRW whats your good and bad about em and whats your mpg like? I used to have a 06 cummins and got decent mileage but is there a huge difference in mpg from drw to srw? I know im not gonna get 20+ just want to know what these new ones are doing and if you had to get a drw again would ya or would the SRW be fine. I have some pretty heavy hauls so i need at least a F350. Im probably going ford now cause im kinda fed up with ram customer service. Thanks in advance. also i did find a 2011 F350 but it has 98,000 on it and just dont know if anyone has this many miles and if itd be a good buy or not hows the longevity been so far on these 6.7??

Last edited by skinnysfd; 07-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM

A friend of mine has a 2012 dually and gets about 13 mpg. I'd be a little leery buying a 2011 with that many miles, as there were a couple bugs that Ford had to work out after the first model year 6.7s.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM

yeah i was kinda thinking that but it is deleted and all and dealer says he was a hotshot so im assuming it had been pulled good but its a really clean truck couldnt find a sctratch on it but they are way to high on price. i did also find a 2011 f350 with 52000 on it and gonna go look at that one too. Or is the 6.4 gonna be a better option if im going to go used i really dont want older than 09
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Being deleted can be good and bad. If u do a quick search, you'll see a bumch of turbos blown on the H &S tune. I've heard the tune has since been modified, but the other guys will have to chime in on that. With that being said, if u test drive a 6.7, you'll probably want it. I couldn't be more happy with mine.
I have a friend with a 6.4 and seems to be a great truck as well. Whichever u decide to go with, you'll find people having issues with them. If I went with a 6.4, I think in the back of my mind I would have always wanted a 6.7.
Just my .02
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 AM

The F350 has options for gear ratio - get the lowest for milage. The truck has enough power to pull/haul with fast gearing.

I have a 2012 F450. They only come as 4X4 and 430 gears. If you milk it real good and coast a lot empty, you might see 15mpg but figure on 13 most of the time driving empty.

I pull a 15,500 lb. toy hauler that is 38 feet long and over 13 feet tall. At 65mph on cruise control it will do about 7.4 unless the weather interferes (wind). At higher speed or bucking wind it will drop to about 6mpg.

I still like the F450 with the wide front axle. I pull this big RV to the Sturgis rally and Wyoming is always very windy. I just set the CC at 75 and drive it like a car. It really is that easy. The Super Duty is a very comfortable truck you can stay in for hours on end. I have an aux fuel tank in the bed and go 650 miles between fill-ups and it is nothing. Just be sure to pay the Sirius radio subscription!!! You will need it in WY.

When I had a F250 and pulled a 19 foot TT hauler I would slow down in the WY wind. It was not very stable in those conditions.

If I was shopping again, I would prolly buy a F350 dually with faster gears. I would have this time but there were no F350s I liked and this F450 was loaded with toys to keep me happy on long trips. It likes diesel fuel though.

I justify it all by saying this - - If you buy a heavy duty truck with dual wheels and pay 60k plus for it - - you can't say squat about mileage. Just fill er up and go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.