What tires on stock 18s? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What tires on stock 18s?

Hey guys have a 13 lariat f350 has fender flares on it and the stock tires and 18" rims, how big of a tire can i put on the stock rims? and whats some nice looking tires that will last also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm running the 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my stock 18s and have plenty of clearance.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan.9 View Post
Hey guys have a 13 lariat f350 has fender flares on it and the stock tires and 18" rims, how big of a tire can i put on the stock rims? and whats some nice looking tires that will last also.
Check out member Big Laing, he's got this setup on his rig and it looks great.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 AM

I'm getting 325/65r18s installed soon on stock 18s with stock suspension. I've even seen a truck with 325/60r20s on stock rims with stock suspension
Old 07-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncojason View Post
I'm running the 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my stock 18s and have plenty of clearance.
Great choice ^^^. Bronco has Trail grapplers (MT) I have Terra grappler (AT)

I have 2 good friends running these tires also, both in AT's and MT's. One friend DJ got forced off the freeway in his '09 f350 with 35' 5er in tow by a semi. He went off the shoulder down an embankment and through 100 ft or so of a grass. All 4 295/70r18 trail grapplers were still mounted and fine. 5 of his 6 trailer tires dismounted.

I believe the quality tires (80 psi E rated but actually 129q load rated! That's over 4k lbs load rating per tire) possibly saved my friend his wife and 3 kids from a tragic ending that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Check out member Big Laing, he's got this setup on his rig and it looks great.
Thanks Stroker 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_270 View Post
I'm getting 325/65r18s installed soon on stock 18s with stock suspension. I've even seen a truck with 325/60r20s on stock rims with stock suspension
I have seen people putting wide tires like that on stock wheels too. IMO the manufacturer shows the approved wheel width for a reason. I would never tow or carry loved ones in a vehicle with an improper tire/wheel set-up.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
I have seen people putting wide tires like that on stock wheels too. IMO the manufacturer shows the approved wheel width for a reason. I would never tow or carry loved ones in a vehicle with an improper tire/wheel set-up.
I understand your concern for safety and I appreciate it. I will only be running this set up for a few months. Also I have no plans of towing or hauling anything more than 300-500 pounds while running the larger tires on the stock rim, just mostly highway driving. Also Im only going to be running them at 40-50psi max even though the tires are E rated and can handle 65psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.