Fixing to buy, can't decide - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fixing to buy, can't decide

I'm fixing to buy a 6.7 and I can't decide what todo. I'm looking at a 2012 KR F250 long bed that's brand new. Sticker is 64K, and they claim that they're willing to knock off 12-15K, I'll believe it when I see it.

I also found a 2012 F350 Lariat with 57K miles Certified Pre-owned and they're asking 44K. It looks like a really clean truck, but it seems pretty miley.

Any suggestions? I plan on keeping the truck a while. I know the KR trucks resale for a bunch more, but I don't love the interior of them. Oh I tow a 10K 5er...

Add for the Used F350

New 2012 F250 http://www.eddieyaklin.com/car/18585...ng_Bed?lpid=30
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So I just left the dealer with the 2012 New KR. They will sell me the truck for right at 50K, but they're killing me on my trade in. I know 50 for a brand new King Ranch is an insane deal, but my wife is fixed on getting more for my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 130K miles. They want to give us 12 for it, and I really want closer to 15k. Hopefully they will cave some...
Old 06-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
why not put your truck up for sale on CL and see if you can get 15K real quick?

the reason the dealer is dropping their price on the Ford is because they will make money off the trade in, even to almost cover the price drop.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink Tell them.......

The used truck is too high, should be closer to 40 or a little less. The new truck is a good deal at 50, but to be honest most dealers are coming down 10k or more on 13s..........

So, I would wait a week and look around to see what else is out there. If you don't find a good deal on your trade and a new truck, try going back and telling them you have an offer for a trade on your truck for 15 or 16. If they want to make a deal, tell them to get with it!! ;o) Always worth a try, Scott
Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That's my plan on the KR, they have been sitting on this truck for almost 6 months, they dealer traded to get it for a guy who backed out. Long Bed F250 isn't very attractive to most people.

I haven't looked at the used one yet. I felt like 44 was high. I'm curious to see where they will be on my trade too...

Can you think of any reason why not to buy a 6.7 with 55k miles? It's certified so it has a 100K (total odometer reading) warranty. So roughly 45k miles of warranty on it.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wink Why NOT to buy used........

Biggest reason that comes to mind is you don't know if it has been beat on. (57k in one year is a LOT of miles) Could have been all highway with minimal towing, or could have been used for cross-country hot-shotting.

In my mind, for a price diff of 5-10k I would buy the new truck and have some peace of mind. The other consideration is that a newer 6.7 will have fewer bugs the factory hasn't already addressed. There are some 12s with problems, but a lot less than 11s. Haven't heard much of anything about 13s. (you can look up the build date/window sticker of both trucks online)

I have had several dodge 3500s, and even though the cummins motor is a great engine, Ford builds a much better truck all around. I now have 6k on my cc F350 dually, and am VERY happy with it. Happy hunting, Scott
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 PM

Fight harder for ur trade in man. I got 25k for my dodge trade in and it was 2009 but it was a 2500 HEMI

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I hate to say it but a quick sale on the Dodge is likely your best bet. Even at 12K, you are done with it, and over the last year and a half Dodge has sold a lot of trucks cheap. That means that most of those are hitting the market now, used and cheap cause those who bought them are finding out what you already know, they are cheap junk! (Cummins not included)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the advice guys. I looked at the 55K mile truck last night. It's nice, but I get the feeling it had a hard life, although I loved the black interior wayyyy better than the tan and red KR. They didn't want to come off of the 44K either. But they did offer me 15 for the dodge.

Looking at an 11 and a few 12s today. Still hoping the original dealer calls with a better deal on the King Ranch.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Watch out for them 11's as they're known to have more turbo issues than the 12's And 13's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.