Torque pro app - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Torque pro app

I recently downloaded the torque pro app, but have had a few problems. The only things I can seem to get to work are the egt1 and rpm gauges... Is there something that I am missing? Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use the app (on an Android) and it seems to work ok. I do not get any other EGT reading other than EGT1 however.

I've just not had time to "investigate" what parameters Ford has made available on the bus. I know in some Engine Control Software, the various sensors communicate directly between themselves via dedicat3ed communications busses. Not sure if that is the case with the 6.7 or not.

One thought is to get a hold of another ODBII scanner (I have a buddy who owns a garage) and see what is there.

D
Old 06-17-2013, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was able to see what parameters ford made available, but not all show up in the app. For instance, I remember seeing a screenshot of someone that had a Guage for their dpf. It shows as available by Ford, but it does not show up in the list of available gauges.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I found this forum dedicated to the Torque App.

Forums — Torque

You might check it out. Also what version of Torque are you using?

I'm going to go "play" with mine now to see what i can do.

D
Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

OK. I looked at the list of "optional" PIDS available via the Settings/Manage PIDS/ etc. menu. Could not find anything regarding DEF and some other rather "important" items, us 6.7L users would probably like to see.

Most of the PIDS in the list get an "error response" when I test them implying the format or equation is wrong.

I have gone to the Torwu Web Site and made of request to see if an update to address the 6.7L PIDS could be made available.

In the mean time, I see no way in which I can see DEF levels using my Torque Pro Application.

Maybe someone else on the Forum has a deeper understanding of the App or has added this as a custom PID.

D
Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am trying to remember where I saw the screen shot at... guess I need to search around for it. I have not seen anything on DEF, but there was a PID for DPF, that could indicate when a regen was about to occur. I was told that you could go to "adapter status" then to "available sensors" and when connected to the OBDII it would show you what sensors were available. In there was DPF, along with a bunch of other sensors that I would like to monitor. But most of the sensors are do not show up when you try to add a display. Hopefully the writer of the software will do an update or give you a reply. It would be nice to just go to settings, then manage extra PIDs/sensors, then add predefined set ford (incl powerstroke) and have everything show up... guess it would just make it a little easier for us that are tech challenged lol let me know what you find out!
Old 08-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any update on this? For the dpf? And I also am not seeing boost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 08-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have no update . In fact, I changed phones (from an S2 to an S4 Samsung) so now I don't even have access to the Torque App that I bought !!!

Sort of a bummer................................. D
Old 08-24-2013, 02:59 PM

Typically apps you bought you don't have to buy again, just download it again, provided you kept the same access info like gmail account

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Old 08-24-2013, 03:39 PM

I'm interested in this. I have a BullyDog watchdog and it doesn't show me anything beyond rpm, speed, and gallons used. No boost or temps at all. I'd really like to monitor temps and DPF and boost.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.