stick with 05 6.0 or trade in for a 11 6.7? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 04:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stick with 05 6.0 or trade in for a 11 6.7?

I have a 05 f250 king ranch, which has now been stolen twice. Sheriff's department found it yesterday but I havent yet seen it. I hadnt put any real anti theft devices so i understand that its partially my own neglect that allowed to be stolen, but the attempt would of happened regardless. im starting to wonder if my truck is being targeted. i lived in two different areas when the thefts took place, both times other f250s were not that far away, so why is mine the one stolen...idk.
so my thought now is do i keep it, upgrade parts the way i want to to help her live longer. i already did full bpd oil cooler and egr cooler. next would probably be studs then idk yet. or do i trade it in for an 11 6.7?
ive found used 11s that i may be able to stomach the payments. it seems like the 6.0s have gone up in price here in the bay area and even down in the la area compaired to when i bought mine 2 years ago. ive seen 07 6.0 as high as 37k and some 6.7s just under 40k.
i live in ca and due to carb nothing can be deleted so the 6.4s are out of question. which is funny cause theres a bunch of 2010 6.4s cheaper than the 06 6.0s ive seen.
for those who have had both the 6.0 and the 6.7 or know alot about both motors what would you recomend?
all the new emissions stuff has me a little concerned for a first year 6.7 and what ive been reading on these forums so far have me not so sure i want to invest in a 6.7, yet.
either way ravelco will be finally receiving my order...and other things as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Since yours is paid off, just keep it and mod it some more. Plus yeah get the ravelco. I know someone that has it and it works for him.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nothing worse than a thief! Sorry to hear about your trouble with those low life's. I owned my 05 6.0 for close to 7 years, had all the bullet proofing and custom tunes from innovative done. I loved that pickup but it was time for a change. For me the upgraded interior sold me on looking. After driving my 11, 6.7 the motor made me buy it. It runs like my old 6.0 did with a 90 horse tune. It does it in a smoother manner and is just a much more refined truck. As far as the emissions equipment goes, I say if you have the DPF you might as well have the urea injection. It's a good thing, it takes a lot of the workload off of the egr and is cleaner for the engine that way, I'd still rather not have it but I haven't had any problems so far an have owned the truck for a year now. Overall it's been a great experience so far, I must say the new rams are looking good though. If I was looking today I would have to seriously consider them.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Sooooo I saw my truck today, all I can really say is tweekers.....It's covered in mud, full of crap and tools, a garbage can, empty fuel cans....just crap. they stole the stereo but didn't touch the RBP wheels. No real body damage to speak of, the leather seats looked as they did before. The center counsel lid is scratched and the dash around where the stereo goes is scratched and dented. Found some random cigarette ash tray from some other car where the stereo was. Allstate will be sending it to my local Ford store tomorrow or the next day. So far I'm much happier then the way gecko did at the same point.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had an 03 6.0L Lariat and a 06 6.0L KR

I bought a 2011 Lariat in Aug 2010 and it now has 85,000 miles
Been a great truck and I have no regrets about giving up my 6.0L

Well one regret I miss my KR Leather. But the new KR leather is not like the old 2006 Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.