FIRST PULL......WOW!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 06:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FIRST PULL......WOW!!

I've had my 2013 F350 LWB CC 4X4 for 6 weeks and put 3000 miles on it, and finally got my companion hitch put in last night and took the camper to get new shoes. Wow, is all I can think of. As a point of reference, I had a 7.3 F250 CC 4X4 for 11 years and loved the truck, but when I bought this camper five years ago, I could tell she strained to get up to speed. Once at 65-70, the 7.3 pulled great....but this 6.7 is a beast. After getting the tires put on camper, I took it for a 40 mile run. Truck accelerates with this 10k lb campler almost as if nothing is there. The F350 LWB is rock solid!!! Played with the MPG calculator and reset it several times at different speeds. Looks like I'll only get about 10-11 pulling 65-70. About the same as the 7.3....but oh well...got to feed the horses. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Premium Member

kinda nice to hit the throttle and it goes intstead of having to wait a bit.
Where i used to work there was a 94 powerstroke and you had to time the throttle to get out on the highway
Old 06-15-2013, 12:28 PM

I had the same favorable first impression towing my 10K lbs camper with my new Super Duty. I had been pulling it with a V10. The V10 would speed droop and shift down 2 gears on the I-80 hills in western Iowa. And it worked hard pulling the mountains in the Denver area down to 45 mph. I booked 10 mpg at 62 mph with the 6.8L V10. The 6.7L Powerstroke does these jobs effortlessly and at 13 mpg. I can merge onto the interstate with authority where the V10 was floored and I hoped someone would slow down for me.

I tell my wife all the power was worth the price and maintenance cost of the diesel. She is not so sure!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

they pull wicked! with mine I noticed I went from 21 mpg cruising 130km/h to 13 mpg cruising 115 km/h with the camper in tow...Definitely need a bigger tank!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Emergency Services

I agree. I got to pull forthe first time least weekend and was thoroughly impressed. It is no comparison to my '01 cummins. The power is unbelievable. The camera makes hook up a treat too. I like how the truck even knows when the trailer is connected. The turn signals blink five times instead of three when using the first click of the turn signal. It even turns the back up sensors on when you disconnect .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.