Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 or 2012 6.7?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  TEXAN AVIATOR 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to get a used 6.7 for my daily driver. Any big issues with the 2011 vs. 2012? Any reason to look at one year over the other?

I'm new to diesels and I'm coming from an F150.

Thanks for the info.

#5 ·
I had an 11 and now have a 12. The 11 had a shifting problem when cold. The chrome seems to be a lower quality on the 12 running boards.

#6 ·
I had both model years. The 2011 KR leather sucks. Cracks very quickly. They changed the leather in 2012 which is supposed to be better.

#7 ·
If you're talking F350 then you'll probably lose the hydro boost brakes that came on the 11's and get the vacuum boost braking system that has been standard since 01/12. The hydro system makes more pressure allowing for, some say, a better braking 'feel' but I would guess that's just personal preference. The techno-guys on here could explain it - I just pull heavy stuff (and think the brakes are great).

side note: the KR leather in my truck barely shows signs of wear let alone 'cracking'. 2 years and 26K miles and could pass for almost new. and I weigh an 1/8th of a ton... :)

#8 ·
[QUOTE

side note: the KR leather in my truck barely shows signs of wear let alone 'cracking'. 2 years and 26K miles and could pass for almost new. and I weigh an 1/8th of a ton... :)[/QUOTE]

LOL! I am 6'-4" and weigh in at 260# as well:eek:hnoes:
I had the KR for 2 years and put 57k miles on it. Once it got past 40k the cracks started showing. If it happens before your warranty expires you will be fine, but I know there are a lot of people complaining about the 2011 leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.