Question about doing deletes on the 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 04:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about doing deletes on the 6.7

Im torn between buying a fully deleted 6.0 (already have 1 and love it) or buying a 6.7 and doing all the deletes when the warranty runs out. This purchase will be for work, driving 400-800 miles a day. What are all of the deletes i need and who does the programming on a tuner that will keep all DTCs off from doing the deletes? Also what is the best programmer for these trucks? Where is the best place to buy everything i need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Bump.......
Old 06-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

Man I'm on the same boat as you, wanting to do the deletes, but not until all warranties have expired. My question is man how do you drive 400-800 miles a day??? When do you sleep...LOL
Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Premium Member

delete everything you can, i deleted my 2012 from day one, i have 27000 miles now, gas milage is awesome too, drove from Pasco WA to Edinburg Tx, total cost in fuel was 415.65, avaerage 21 mpg with 800lb of luggage and HVAC equipment, what i have is H&S Mini Maax, 5" exhaust, cold air intake, egr delete, SPE tuning. and the best oil i could buy(shaefers 9000).
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Had a 6.4 and loved it.....till I drove the 6.7 Fantastic machine as is. However, I have a friend who has deleted the 6.7 and he did not get a fantastic bump in fuel economy (2 mpg) , but the power difference and response is very, very nice.
The H&S mini max was recommended to this friend from here...Electronic Performance - 2011-2013 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 even though these guys sell the Spartan tuner as well. They say the trans tuning just is not there yet on the Spartan for the 6.7 so H&S is recommended. And the Flo Pro 5" stainless exhaust with muffler is awesome, (and yes, muffler is recommended unless you like to hear a drone). Clamps are updated and it sounds like a Mustang Cobra with a jet. However, no bungs with this, so an alternative pyro set up is needed if you want to view EGTs. The EGR block off kit is nice to have, but the EGRs can be disconnected in about 2 minutes without the kit. That kit goes on later after your powertrain warranty expires...3 hr install. Anyway, expect to pay $1800 to 2000 with install for your H&S plus exhaust. And don't give away your DPF. They are expensive.

Last edited by Demolition; 06-11-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.