Remove plastic tailgate liner/bed rail caps, spray bed liner instead - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Remove plastic tailgate liner/bed rail caps, spray bed liner instead

I want to remove the flimsy plastic bed liner from my tailgate and spray bed liner on the metal and keep the handle, etc. Anyone does this or can give me advice?

Secondly, I want to either remove the bed rail caps and spray bed liner over the edges. Does anyone know if there are extra unsightly holes underneath the bed rail caps or can I take them off and just bed liner over the edge?

If the above doesn't work, I will just line-x the bed rail caps on the bed and tailgate as I think black would look better than baby crap brown...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I believe there are holes, I had my truck done last week the line-x guy strongly recommended to leave the rails. So I did, I am happy with it, I look at it this way If a rail cap gets damaged it will be easier to replace than actual bed damage.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Premium Member

I know on my 06 it has holes underneath the bed caps, I'm going to weld them shut and then linex it.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yes there are hole, the caps have little clips just like the tailgate caps and bumper caps have. If you get a long pair of needle nose pliers and get under the truck and reach up there you can squeeze the clips and push out the caps to keep from breaking the clips and re use the caps if you want. Otherwise you'll have to weld them shut

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
On one of my old trucks they laid some sort of tape down over some small holes in my bed and then sprayed over it and its like they were never there. I guess it would all depend on how many holes there are and how thick the liner will be. Whenever I spray my bed I plan on just leaving the caps but losing the pole on the tailgate, I hate sliding stuff over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.