DDM HID's...passenger side intermittent - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DDM HID's...passenger side intermittent

Anyone have a problem with their HID's not firing on the passenger side?

I've got the DDM hi/low H13 kit installed correctly, and connected to the pass side H13 connector, yet my drivers side is the only side constantly firing when they are turned on.

The pass side has come on intermittently, but as of lately not at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
Anyone have a problem with their HID's not firing on the passenger side?

I've got the DDM hi/low H13 kit installed correctly, and connected to the pass side H13 connector, yet my drivers side is the only side constantly firing when they are turned on.

The pass side has come on intermittently, but as of lately not at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

I just installed some Spyders with RFS HID's and had the same problem. RFS had to make me a Diode that I plugged into the open end of the factory harness. Fixed the problem. I would re-check all wires and see if something has come loose. I had to splice some wiring, but I shrink wrapped everything before final install. Then had to take loose several time to adjust the beams.

Oh, I also broke the plastic little arm that goes into the hole along the inner fender, but the Headlight has 4 screws that hold it in place anyways, and its a TIGHT fit, so I dont think I will have any problems.

Then I stripped one of the screw holes and had to put some gorilla glue in order to get tight.

Talk about a PAIN IN THE A** to install. I think I ran into every problem that you could run into. LOL
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgCountry View Post
I just installed some Spyders with RFS HID's and had the same problem. RFS had to make me a Diode that I plugged into the open end of the factory harness. Fixed the problem. I would re-check all wires and see if something has come loose. I had to splice some wiring, but I shrink wrapped everything before final install. Then had to take loose several time to adjust the beams.

Oh, I also broke the plastic little arm that goes into the hole along the inner fender, but the Headlight has 4 screws that hold it in place anyways, and its a TIGHT fit, so I dont think I will have any problems.

Then I stripped one of the screw holes and had to put some gorilla glue in order to get tight.

Talk about a PAIN IN THE A** to install. I think I ran into every problem that you could run into. LOL
Sounds like you hit every brick on the road! Lol sorry to hear that man.

So my kit runs off of one side...the harness plugs into the drivers side and the pass side has nothing pluggged into it. Is this how yours works too?

How's the diode work? Like an in line deal?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i had a bad wire on my kit from them on the passenger side. the wire was not fully inserted into the plug so i forced it into the piece of plastic and filled with super glue.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 PM

My kit is the exact same. I had to plug the Diode into the open end of the harness to make sure the Lo beams come on when the Hi beams are on. I originally installed the kit without the Diode and it would work sometime and then would just shut off.

There is another member on here who has a DDM kit and his installed perfectly. I would check all the wires like Tractor said.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgCountry View Post
My kit is the exact same. I had to plug the Diode into the open end of the harness to make sure the Lo beams come on when the Hi beams are on. I originally installed the kit without the Diode and it would work sometime and then would just shut off.

There is another member on here who has a DDM kit and his installed perfectly. I would check all the wires like Tractor said.
I had to extend the driver's side harness line bc it was too short. I did it very meticulously and shrink wrapped everywhere so ive def ruled out that side. It fires every time.

My damn passenger side is just the issue. Ive swapped brand new ballasts and nothing. I'm gonna swap bulbs this weekend and see if its a bulb problem. If the bulb works then the only thing I'm left with is thinking its the hi/low harness...

Any advice...?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM

Or it could be the simple fact that ddm is garbage.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Or it could be the simple fact that ddm is garbage.
Could be...sad to say. I've been using their kits back from 06/07 and they were always flawless. Have had nothing but troubles in the past 2 years.

What's a better, more reputable kit?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM

Trs is about as good as it gets.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcain View Post
Trs is about as good as it gets.
X2. Theretrofitsource.com
I've said it again and I'll say it again.. Lol. If u wanna do hids, then do them right. You need to do or pay somebody to do an hid projector retrofit, then you'll have a true hid lighting system, using the hid bulbs as they were designed to be used- with an hid projector. Hids weren't designed to be installed in halogen reflector housings. Read the link in my sig for a parts list from trs and a how to guide to do a retrofit on your own. It can be done in a weekend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.