Time To Give Credit to a Ford Dealer, Keeter Ford of Shelby - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time To Give Credit to a Ford Dealer, Keeter Ford of Shelby

Far too often folks are quick to post stories of problems with products or dealers. I think it is just as important to make the same effort when someone goes above and beyond, so here goes.

Had a steering problem with my (new to me) 11 f250 salvage title. After not being able to figure it out, I bit the bullet and took it to Keeter Ford in Shelby NC. I was preparing for the worst. After several mis-steps by myself and them, we got the problem fixed. Then came the bill, WOW I was beside myself, and could not even comprehend the amount I was looking at, let alone considering paying it. I want to be clear that the amount was not because they were overcharging or expensive, rather due to all of the events that transpired. Things were coming off the rails fast. All that is important from this point is, we both had to make concessions, left a little frustrated, and exchanged some strong statements.

In the end, I must say that the owner of Keeter Ford in Shelby handled this in a manner that I have not seen in many years,,,,'Old School"! I have never been so impressed with a business owner as I was with her. So much so that we resolved the "very large issue", and I would recommend them to anyone I want to stress that they did not just give in to my wishes. I wish somehow that the young business leaders could see how to stay firm, maintain respect, and resolve tough issues because this my friends, is not taught in schools. I am a customer for life at Keeter Ford of Shelby, NC!!!

Last edited by Fordcrazy; 05-04-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 03:57 AM

Always good to hear about good experiences. We often expect everything for free these days and don't realize that service and parts are profit centers. I have developed good friendships with my service guy and body shop guy both at the same local Ford dealership. They have gone out of the way on stuff for me including helping me get my 2013 Taurus SHO repurchased by Ford because the Nav/My Ford Touch/Sync system never worked right. I bring the guys a bottle of something around the holidays of if something big gets over the finish line.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good to hear something positive! Thanks for posting the kudos for this dealership.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A little confused

First off if it's a 2011 why wasn't it under bumper to bumper and no payment on your part would be required?

secondly it sounds like you were getting screwed and Had to complain to get resolution?
I prefer to recommend companies that do a good job the first time not after I have to get in their face

so what did I miss
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
A little confused

First off if it's a 2011 why wasn't it under bumper to bumper and no payment on your part would be required?

secondly it sounds like you were getting screwed and Had to complain to get resolution?
I prefer to recommend companies that do a good job the first time not after I have to get in their face

so what did I miss
The 'salvage title' part, I would think...
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalhaus View Post
The 'salvage title' part, I would think...
Yes /\ /\ /\ This!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.