Do I have TPMS? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to roustabout04
Do I have TPMS?

Wasnt exactly sure where to stick this topic so I figured "General" was as good a place as any.

Anyway on to the show...

I have a 2013 F-250. Im wondering if it came with TPMS. It doesnt say it anywhere on the window sticker that it does. Its an XLT package so that what im wondering. The reason im asking is because I was going to purchase some 18" wheels w/ 35" Trail Grapplers and i went to put them on and the front calipers on the top rubbed against the rim. So i took them back off and gave the tires back and stuck my factory 18s back on. The TPMS never came on. When the tire shop put the factories back on they put the wheels back on the incorrect corners that they came from when i bought it. I noticed after i crawled under the truck looking around. Anyway the TPMS still hasnt came on. So back to my question. Do all Super Dutys have TPMS or is that just for the more expensive packages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unless its a dually, yes, you have them. Any vehicle under 10,000lbs sold in the US since 2007 model year is required to have TPMS. If the truck was not cranked and moved far enough at the tire shop before the OE wheels were reinstalled, it probably never tripped computer for an error code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roustabout04 View Post
Wasnt exactly sure where to stick this topic so I figured "General" was as good a place as any.

Anyway on to the show...

I have a 2013 F-250. Im wondering if it came with TPMS. It doesnt say it anywhere on the window sticker that it does. Its an XLT package so that what im wondering. The reason im asking is because I was going to purchase some 18" wheels w/ 35" Trail Grapplers and i went to put them on and the front calipers on the top rubbed against the rim. So i took them back off and gave the tires back and stuck my factory 18s back on. The TPMS never came on. When the tire shop put the factories back on they put the wheels back on the incorrect corners that they came from when i bought it. I noticed after i crawled under the truck looking around. Anyway the TPMS still hasnt came on. So back to my question. Do all Super Dutys have TPMS or is that just for the more expensive packages?
When you remove the wheels and tires from the truck it will take the system a while to turn the light on. Since you put the wheels back on you won't get a light anyway.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok well that was quick. Thanks guys. Is there any procedure to completely disable the TPMS? Besides going with H&S which I'm not doing. Don't want to void the warranty and all. I've heard it's illegal for a dealer to disable it but if its anything like other "dealer only" procedures then the average Joe can git er done. Hopefully I'm not wrong. I want to go with aftermarket wheels and didn't want to break my factory tires and wheels apart just to get the sensors out.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Just buy some more sensors and install them in the new wheels. That's easier than trying to jailbreak your computer in the truck. Short of you buying an H&S or something similar that will crack the computer, You are stuck with TPMS.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Has anyone priced TPMS sensors?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

check on ebay
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM

Buy a set of sensors and then get the the Ford TPMS tool. That way when you swap your wheels and tires you can train them yourself and not have to go to the dealer. The TPMS tool is like $40 from TireRack or check ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.