Say WHAT???!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Say WHAT???!!!

Went to buy a new Ford 6.7 Lariat today....been looking at it for 4 weeks, back then, sales didn't see a problem getting me btw 8-9k on trade for my truck. Today they offered 4k? This was after I noticed them starting to play the shell games with interest rates, ESP $. When I told him NADA and KBB fair trade in value was 8,400 he went to the sales manager who gave him a message for me...."get a check from KBB or NADA and bring it back to him"....SAY WHAAT!!!???? When I sell my truck, I still will not go back to that arrogant son of a biscuit for that smart #@$ comment. He could have just stated that we're not going to be able to get close to what you need, that'd been fine, I'd have left, sold my truck out right, then gone back....will never step foot there again. It's about 10 miles outside of Lafayette Louisiana. Guess I'll make a trip to Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Drive your new truck back up there when you get it and show them what KBB did for you.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Emergency Services

Oh I'd be making some phone calls over some bull**** like that. You should try and get ahold of the dealership owner, I'd have him fired and still not go back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-27-2013, 09:55 PM

I like that!! Think I will, after my trip to Texas! They're becoming the largest dealer in Louisiana, but they're success has made them arrogant as all get out. I'm not the only one who experienced this, but I would not have believed it until I experienced it today....
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Emergency Services

I completely understand it too, I get the same treatment from parts guys usually. Just because a dealer is big shouldn't give them the right to treat potential customers like that. I'd want to know if my sales manager was losing me business by acting like a douche.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Oh yeah.... You gonna drive down to Houston & they gonna bend you over on the trade AND a new purchase .
Now if they re rough like the other place..... you ll be mad not only for wasting your day ,but also a tank of fuel.
But if they approach you nicely you re gonna take it (all in nice & easy). Then you gonna drive back in your new rig to the first place and slap it on their face (good plan so far).
But when they start laughing , you re gonna find out the stealership you bought it from is owned by the same guy & your money ended up in same pockets.
Theeen you really gonna be MAD and go "say WHAAAAT" ???!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Emergency Services

You could always sell the truck privately and have a truck shipped to you. That's what I did

Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

In my experience you won't get it both ways. You either get a good purchase price and a low ball trade or a high trade and bad purchase price. The trade in nada kbb on my 2003 2500hd was 11.5k and dealer gave me 8k for it and at the time ford credit has an additional 1k bonus so i ended up getting 9k. Then the games began with apr and fees. I showed up in a ball cap flip flops and cut off shirts the day i met with the dealer to seal the deal and was not in the mood for bull as I was ready to walk out and just put over 200 demo miles on their truck. I just did not want two trucks and deal with a private seller as its a hassle and haggle. Keep in mind then you can always get carmax to make an offer on your old one. Carmax is a a good place to get a real trade value. Funny thing on my old 2003 gmc was that ford dealer said it was too old for them to keep on the lot. The next day when i picked up my F250 after prep my old truck was gone. They sold it....
Old 04-28-2013, 01:02 PM

A couple of you may have missed the point on this...It wasn't the low ball offer, or shell game, I just said no to their offer and when they asked what I wanted, is when I gave them the NADA/KBB trade in values. If they could not do that, I understand, just tell me "sorry, we can't do that, this is what we can do". No, instead they chose to give a smart @#$ remark about selling it to NADA/KBB and bringing them the check. Sorry for the 21 year old kid they gave that message to since the sales manager couldn't do it himself. He lost a sell for a good kid. I will be selling out right and when I do, I will go to a dealer and make a cash deal. Don't understand F450HARLEY's point...how is going to another dealer getting screwed when you agree and pay their discounted price and pay cash, especially when it is more of a discount from the Louisiana dealer?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM

I agree with you 100% There are a few dealers around here that I refuse to do business with just because of some of the actions of their employees. I understand that I am just one sell and my actions alone will not make a difference in their bottom line; however, it will catch up to them at some point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.