Pet seat cover - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pet seat cover

Anyone know of a GOOD QUALITY pet seat or durable seat cover for the rear bench? Something that will hold onto the leather of the bench seat and not slide around?

Looking to cover the rear bench so my lab won't tear the hell outta the leather on it. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Wondering the same here for my workin dog... He's a shepherd
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM

This is the one I'm looking to get.the xL one.

seat cover
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM

I have a Marathon cover on the rear bench of my 250, and it works well. Good fit, tough and waterproof. I have been very happy with it so far.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd View Post
I have a Marathon cover on the rear bench of my 250, and it works well. Good fit, tough and waterproof. I have been very happy with it so far.
Got a link for this? My biggest concern is it sliding around on that supple leather...

Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
Got a link for this? My biggest concern is it sliding around on that supple leather...

https://www.marathonseatcovers.com/s...F~250~550/2011

They are a good fit and dont move around much, if any. They have some stretch panels on the side, so they are a bit of work to get on, but it gives the cover a tight fit.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:37 AM

I've got the carhartt seat cover you can get from ford on my back seat and it fits pretty sug. I've also got wet oaks on my front seats and I would say stay away from them with any kind of pet because they would be a son of a gun to keep clean because of the pet hair. The material on the carhartt is waterproof and seems to be like what is used on some of their coats.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 AM

I'll have to check them both out. Sounds like something I need. That carhart material seems to be pretty durable.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 AM

I have two approaches for my dogs. First, for occasional use or regular short-term use, I have this:

Amazon.com: Petego Dog Car Seat Protector Hammock, Gray, X-Large: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Petego Dog Car Seat Protector Hammock, Gray, X-Large: Pet Supplies

It fits a Superduty very nicely, fastens to the headrests on the front and rear seats of a 2012 crewcab Lariat, and keeps the dogs in the back seat plus keeps the hair and any accidents in their place. All you get is dog slobber on the rear windows and rear armrests and a little dog hair to vacuum on the sills. It's been used extensively and has held up well. Installs in about 2 minutes once you adjust it. And it's big enough to cover the full width of a Superduty, which most of the covers don't.

The other approach is to get a folding load floor for the back. It's not available on 2012's on, but you can find them on classifieds or just posting on these forums. Ford has them new, but they're $1000+; you should pay about $100-150 plus about $50-75 shipping for ones in pristine condition. Once you have one, get a Superduty-specific memoryfoam dog bed from this source:

Dog Beds - Dog Furniture - Orthopedic Dog Beds - Memory Foam Dog Beds from BigDogBeds.

This guy has done a custom design for the Superduty with the load floor (I heard about this bed from a guy on another forum who had it made). It isn't cheap but it gives you a huge space for your dogs, contains the mess, is completely cleanable, and looks really nice. It has a custom durable dog print in a specialty seating fabric, memory foam interior, and everything is notched and cut to fit that back seat over the load floor just perfectly. The load floor makes it better for the dogs in all instances, regardless of what seat cover or custom bed you use. Even with a couple bath towels it's great, and it folds up right under your rear seat.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanedecamp View Post
I have two approaches for my dogs. First, for occasional use or regular short-term use, I have this:

Amazon.com: Petego Dog Car Seat Protector Hammock, Gray, X-Large: Pet Supplies

It fits a Superduty very nicely, fastens to the headrests on the front and rear seats of a 2012 crewcab Lariat, and keeps the dogs in the back seat plus keeps the hair and any accidents in their place. All you get is dog slobber on the rear windows and rear armrests and a little dog hair to vacuum on the sills. It's been used extensively and has held up well. Installs in about 2 minutes once you adjust it. And it's big enough to cover the full width of a Superduty, which most of the covers don't.

The other approach is to get a folding load floor for the back. It's not available on 2012's on, but you can find them on classifieds or just posting on these forums. Ford has them new, but they're $1000+; you should pay about $100-150 plus about $50-75 shipping for ones in pristine condition. Once you have one, get a Superduty-specific memoryfoam dog bed from this source:

Dog Beds - Dog Furniture - Orthopedic Dog Beds - Memory Foam Dog Beds from BigDogBeds.

This guy has done a custom design for the Superduty with the load floor (I heard about this bed from a guy on another forum who had it made). It isn't cheap but it gives you a huge space for your dogs, contains the mess, is completely cleanable, and looks really nice. It has a custom durable dog print in a specialty seating fabric, memory foam interior, and everything is notched and cut to fit that back seat over the load floor just perfectly. The load floor makes it better for the dogs in all instances, regardless of what seat cover or custom bed you use. Even with a couple bath towels it's great, and it folds up right under your rear seat.
Funny you mention this. I came across your posts on this/other forums regarding this exact issue. I saw your folding floor fix. I want to do this. BUT, when I have the kids riding in the back as well, I need to have an answer for my back seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.