Weird noise in cab / ticking noise after oil change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Weird noise in cab / ticking noise after oil change

I have a weird rattle type noise inside the cab that started a few weeks ago out of nowhere. Prior to this I had never heard any rattles inside the cab. I have posted the youtube link to the video I took last week of the noise. This turned into a 3 day ordeal with the truck @ the dealer. All the info is posted in the detail portion of the video. I was curious if anyone else had experienced a similar noise and if so what, if anything, was done to resolve it.

Also, while the truck was @ the dealer I had them do an oil change. Today I went to get in the truck after a remote start and heard a ticking noise coming from the drivers side wheel well. Did a search and it looks like I'm not the first person to experience the infamous ticking. Obviously Ford isn't going to do anything to resolve this so is it something that goes away after a while or should I plan on getting used to it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its called type writer tick it will go away after a few days or a couple hundred miles almost all diesels will do this after a oil change
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM

and that noise in the cab sounds to me like a door is rubbing up against the cab check all your door seals and check ur the latch on the door for any marks rubbing etc . on my truck the driver side rear door the seal game unglued and was drooped down a bit just enough to make a nasty noise like what ur experiencing
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhood6.7 View Post
its called type writer tick it will go away after a few days or a couple hundred miles almost all diesels will do this after a oil change
Quote:
and that noise in the cab sounds to me like a door is rubbing up against the cab check all your door seals and check ur the latch on the door for any marks rubbing etc . on my truck the driver side rear door the seal game unglued and was drooped down a bit just enough to make a nasty noise like what ur experiencing
Thanks for the reply!

Typewriter tick is what i saw it referred to when I searched up on it. This is my first diesel so I'm still learning. Where exactly in the engine does the noise come from and why do you hear it only after an oil change?

I will look around the door seals tomorrow and see if I find anything. You would think after being at the dealer for 3 days they would catch it if it were just that but you never know with some of the dealers!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 PM

idk ive only brought my truck to two dealerships and both of them did poor service on my truck . So just because some one at dealer tells you something dosnt always mean its true as ive found out
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
idk ive only brought my truck to two dealerships and both of them did poor service on my truck . So just because some one at dealer tells you something dosnt always mean its true as ive found out
Let me guess... Champion & Sames??
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM

no actually sames wasnt that bad i just got a key made there the bad ones were jenning anderson in boerne outside of san antonio and pollard ford in Lubbock when my quick connect oil line blew from my turbo . but when i was shopping for a truck sames and champion were dumbfounded with my questions on these trucks are you from corpus
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
no actually sames wasnt that bad i just got a key made there the bad ones were jenning anderson in boerne outside of san antonio and pollard ford in Lubbock when my quick connect oil line blew from my turbo . but when i was shopping for a truck sames and champion were dumbfounded with my questions on these trucks are you from corpus
Not CC. Close though.. I'm in Aransas Pass
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 PM

close enough u gonna keep urs stock
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
close enough u gonna keep urs stock
No its not stock. 6" lift, 35's Toyo open counry M/T's on 20" XD's, DPF delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.