CARLI question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CARLI question

i have a 13 limited and i wanted to do a carli lift and i'm thinking 2.5". my questions are is the pintop the best one to go with? also my truck is a f350 and i wanted to do a full system but i dont want to be level, i want to keep my factory rake,just be a lil higher overall so when i'm towing it will just squat to be level and not sag. can i put 35/12.50 toyo mt's on my factory wheels without rubbing at all? and last is who will give me the best price on the complete system?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMO MAN View Post
i have a 13 limited and i wanted to do a carli lift and i'm thinking 2.5". my questions are is the pintop the best one to go with? also my truck is a f350 and i wanted to do a full system but i dont want to be level, i want to keep my factory rake,just be a lil higher overall so when i'm towing it will just squat to be level and not sag. can i put 35/12.50 toyo mt's on my factory wheels without rubbing at all? and last is who will give me the best price on the complete system?

thanks
Pintop is the best. (they sell the best system for the most amount of money)

Unless your strictly on-road, then the commuter is the best IMO.

If you keep the F-350 block with the 6 leaf add a pack you will be 2" higher in the rear.

Half the guys on here have slight rubbing on the radius arm at full lock with 35x12.5 on the stock rims. The other half say they don't rub. My 34.5x11.6 do not rub at all.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 AM

thanks big.. how is it that some rub and some dont? any idea on the best to purchase from?

thanks again
Old 04-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you're going to do the 2.5", I would definitely do the Pintop 2.5". It is the best on and off-road; however, that is comparing it to other 2.5" systems. If you're after off-road, look into the 4.5" systems. The Pintop 2.5" is what I run on my personal truck and the on-road ride is hard to believe until you're ridden in one.

The commuter is an awesome choice and our goal was to get a 2.0 to ride as good as the 2.5" on the road. This would obviously net you far less offroad performance and the commuter does ride incredible but there is no replacement to displacement. The 2.5" will outperform the 2.0 in EVERY situation and only carries a small premium.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMO MAN View Post

thanks
Sounds like a good plan. The Pintop 2.5 is not only the best off road but also the best riding on road 2.5" system period. 35" Toyo's actually run 13.5" wide so they will have more of a tendency to rub although it will be minimal and not hurt anything.

Other options to consider would be the stainless steel shaft upgrade depending on your location and I would add the Carli High Mount stabilizer. It does a far better job of controlling those wide Toyo's plus it compensates for the right pull that they are notorious for.

As far as pricing goes, all Carli dealers are required to sell at the same price but soem of us offer free shipping to the lower 48 states.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 PM

thanks for the advice guys, i listened and made my decision to order.. i ordered pintop 4.5" with stainless rods,mini rear spring packs,long travel bags and steering stabilizer.. supposed to ship end of next wk.. looking forward to it.

thanks again
Old 04-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Excited to hear your feedback!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Post pics when you are done with everything
Old 06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Premium Member

When installing the High mount stabilizer using a ratchet strap to compress the shock makes installing so much easier its ridiculous. I cant remember who I read had done it before but they saved me so much of a headache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.