2011 f-350 ride getting worse - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 f-350 ride getting worse

I have a 11 f-350 srw king ranch 6.7l fx 4 with the rancho shocks. When i first got this truck I figured it rode really good for a f-350. I now have 40000 miles on it and the ride is horrible, it feels like it is bottoming out on big bumps on the highway with only about 400 pounds in the bed??? Is there anyway my shocks are wore out already or could it be my springs? I have used this truck to pull a 5th wheel trailer a few times that way exceded my weight rating with close to 5500 pounds pin weight on my fifth wheel. But usually this is not my work truck it is just my daily driver and for hauling my toys Any help would be appreciated! What are the best brand of aftermarket replacement shocks for ride quality I was thinking blistens but I am open to any suggestions thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have 17K on my odometer...I'm growing more tired of my Ranchos as well...I'm just not willing to spend the money yet. I doubt your springs are toast...but I'm sure your shocks are tired...I'm going with Fox when I switch over - only because I've had good luck with them in the past.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM

I wasn't a big fan of the Rancho shocks to begin with but I do think my 5th wheel caused them to die early. I run Bilsteins and love them. I had them on my '07 F350 as well and they seemed to hold up pretty well.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 AM

the stock shocks are just crap.

I put the King piggybacks on mine. Difference is night and day. Spendy, but worth it IMHO.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bottoming out has nothing to do with shocks....5k pin weight...ya just killed the springs.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Bottoming out has nothing to do with shocks....5k pin weight...ya just killed the springs.
Uh... I couldn't get past the 5K pin weight for a 5th Wheel Travel Trailer unless you have all those toys stacked way forward of the axles. Largest 5th Wheel trailers for example Keystone Montana 39ft has a pin weight of 2525. It's a frequent topic on this site that the Rancho's are junk so just change them out and keep within your trucks GVW and allowable Pin Weight for the sake of safety. IM going with the Bilsteins as have many others and IM just at 4500 miles on a 2012 F350.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yes you can seen it with my eyes! Local customer had the same thing happen to him!

Without the toys those things have much heaver pin weight than you could guess, spec-ed weight is figured loaded with toys not empty....plus the manufactures weight is never correct.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pin weight

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ya I do know my weights as I am a class 1 driver also. The 5500 pin weight I was taking about wasn't my toy hauler but a triaxle flat deck gooseneck trailer loaded with a farm tractor,trailer weight was 25000lbs and pin weight being 5500lbs more than empty verified but d.o.t. scales.I never should of hauled this but it was my own tractor going to work for someone for a six month job and it would have cost lots in trucking to hire someone to move it a 1000 miles! Ya my 39ft cyclone toy hauler has a pin weight of 2900lbs unloaded and was 15000lbs unloaded and my trucks back end only sits .5inch less than level and pulls it like a boss! But it seems like when I hook onto a heavy load lately my back end sags abit more than it used to.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 AM

Time for airbag bandaid?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 PM

You might want to look into adding the Timbren SES system less maintenance and cost less than Firestone Air Bags. I put Timbren's on my 2012 F350 recently and they work very well with a 36 Ft Montana 5ver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.