Swap 6.2 for 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Swap 6.2 for 6.7

Found a 2011 f250 with a 6.2 that was flooded. Also found a 2011 f250 with a 6.7 powerstroke but the back is smashed no engine damage. How hard would it be to drop the powerstroke in the gasser?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Swap 6.2 for 6.7

Well you will have everything as I assume u will have to pull the gauge cluster/dash and internal wiring harness etc. but should be doable. But not gonna be easy by any means I wouldn't think. The wiring will be a major pain in the ***. But at least you should have complete harnesses fuel pumps etc. hell you have to get that damn urea tank as well. Gets uglier by the minute as I type. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cool

Sounds like a lot of work but the end result will be well worth it
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
Well you will have everything as I assume u will have to pull the gauge cluster/dash and internal wiring harness etc. but should be doable. But not gonna be easy by any means I wouldn't think. The wiring will be a major pain in the ***. But at least you should have complete harnesses fuel pumps etc. hell you have to get that damn urea tank as well. Gets uglier by the minute as I type. Lol

Haha it does get uglier the more you think about it!

The fuel door/bed for the 6.7 got smashed? I thought I read the diesel suspension is different up front too. For the heavier motor?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM

Swap 6.2 for 6.7

Yeah the suspension is different. If I were you OP, I would go ahead and delete all those emissions systems. That way you can just install a straight pipe instead of worrying about reinstalling the urea tanks and the DPF. It will be a hard road but it will probably end up cheaper than the 8 grand they charge you from the factory if you do it yourself. Make sure you get a list of all that is different on the diesel trucks including suspension, brackets and what not. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
Yeah the suspension is different. If I were you OP, I would go ahead and delete all those emissions systems. That way you can just install a straight pipe instead of worrying about reinstalling the urea tanks and the DPF. It will be a hard road but it will probably end up cheaper than the 8 grand they charge you from the factory if you do it yourself. Make sure you get a list of all that is different on the diesel trucks including suspension, brackets and what not. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
your not going to have a warranty anyways right? That would be a sweet custom truck, if everything was done right...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Swap 6.2 for 6.7

If the fronted on the 6.7 truck is good u should just be able to move front coil springs and any other suspension differences over. I would think the rear suspensions are the same usually only diff is heavier duty/stiffer coils because of the added weight of the diesel versus gas motors

Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Cool

They are both f350's so I don't know if the suspension will be different already and this is sound like like more and more work but then again the outcome will be sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.