Originally Posted by 6.7Stroked
Hi all! this is my first post, I have been researching the 3 top brands for the last year and have decided on a 2012 f350 cc lariat. The truck will have a minimax and exhaust and egr delete after about 10,000 miles. I have a few question about some topics I have read:
1. Is the rad a problem area like it was with 6.4s?
2. Are turbo failures still occurring even after defuel is set at 30 psi.
3. Are the problem with bent and thrown rods only on higher HP (600hp) applications?
I know I'm gonna get roasted for tuning such an expensive truck. It is being done for reliability and mpg. I just want some honest first hand experience from guys that have some time with modded trucks.
1. About 10% as much of an issue on the 6.7's as a 6.4
2. Most Turbo issues were on C&C trucks and early '11. As long as you are monitoring your EGT's and letting your turbo cool down after running you should be fine. (key word "should" (I am not liable for what happens to your turbo, if you get a friday truck))
3. Yes. I have only heard of 2 or 3 cases of thrown rods, and they were high HP. H&S just hit almost 800 HP and 1600 Ft/Lbs and nothing happened to the rods...
Alot of guys on here tune couple week old $60K trucks... I am waiting till i am out of warrenty.