2012 Superduty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 Superduty

Hey guys, just joined to do some searching on the newer powerstrokes. I currently own an '05 Duramax K2500 Crew Cab Short Bed. I am looking to move to a newer truck. I have no issues with the '05, but I want to move into a newer (2011-12) truck. I have two kids now and would like to go back to a front bench seat so that I have the option to haul 6 people. I am not happy with the front bench seats that GM offers. No heat/cool and leather is not a common option. I have found several 2011/12 F250's with flip up center seat, leather seats with heat/cool option. I primarily use the truck to pull a gooseneck in the summers with an 8500lb diesel pulling truck (Duramax...sorry guys ) Don't drive it much otherwise.

I am wondering what you guys can tell me about the 2011/12 Powerstrokes? Anything to look out for? Issues? Known problems, etc...? I understand that every make has it's issues. I don't expect it to be issue free, but just want to have a good understanding of what to expect. Hows the mileage on the newer engines? Do the F250's handle the pin weight from a gooseneck or should I be looking at SRW F350's?

Thanks
Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM

The only issues I know of is when you tune them the turbo don't like it a whole lot. Other than that I really don't know of any. I too used to be a Chevy guy but after ya test drive all three the choice is simple IMO. I do love the dmax it's a tried and true motor. I know I have friends that has had the previous ford models and has a 6.7 and is kinda waiting for a problem to come up but hasn't yet. I know 4 owners of them and one put a tune in it and nuked a turbo. That is honestly the only issue I have seen personally. I still think its too soon.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear that aren't any big issues. I agree it is a fairly new engine. We have a couple at work and I will say they get with it and have had no issues. I'm not worried about tuners or power adders. I want 400 stock hp with a warranty. Must be getting old....

Later
Chris
Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

2012 Superduty

Well, I'm not sure, but I doubt you can get leather heated/cooled seats with a front bench. I'm sure you can go aftermarket and someone would be happy to do it for you. But other than that, the new 6.7 trucks are great in stock form. 800ft-lbs and all under a warranty?? Good deal!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Weight - check the specifications of what you're looking at. No sense buying something that is under rated.

Issues? Lots of people on here with none. Me included. I love the truck. It looks like a truck...

The one thing about GM is that it's not like there's much difference between a half ton and 1 ton appearance wise. They both look the same. With Ford and Ram, at least you can tell you're in a real truck.

Good luck. Test drive them and see what you like. I've heard good things about them all. My friend bought GM when I bought Ford. We both like what we bought. But, when I pull next to him he looks like he's driving a half ton. Both pull and haul the bacon...so get what fits you the best.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Hooked on the POWER...

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
2012 Superduty

First off, welcome to the ORG.

Secondly, in my opinion you can not go wrong with one o the new fords. I have just over 21,000 miles on my 12' and have not had a single issue. Averaging around 17-17.5 hand calculated. Have seen 21 mpg on a trip from Houston, TX to Orlando, FL. Had the wind at my back though. And took it easy, stayed at 70 mph. As far as pin weight, I think you will be better in a 350, the 250's seem to squat under a relatively light load. They pull fine just looks funny nosed up with a light load. Anyway, again welcome ad hope this helps!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Almost 20,000mi on mine, not a single problem. wanted to tune a delete but don't want turbo troubles so I'm staying stock for now. It's a fantastic truck, great power, smooth ride, comfortable interior, and its holding up great so far. whose knows what will pop up in the future but for now they get my vote over a GM any day. Looks like Ford may have a winner after the 6.0 6.4 fiasco. probably get grilled for that comment but its the truth, I know lot of 6.0 and 6.4 owners and unless they chip and aftermarket load the truck, they aint too happy with em. back to topic, you can't go wrong with the 6.7, good luck hope you have a successful, satisfying purchase and long happy life with the new rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.