Icon Leveling Kit Alignment Question? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Icon Leveling Kit Alignment Question?

Hi guys,

I am having an icon stage 1 leveling kit installed as we speak. I did purchase the icon track bar with rod end upgrade and 4 inch rear blocks (my truck is a 250) which will both be installed as well. I have searched a lot and it seems that when you align these trucks after the leveling kit you have to be pretty careful about caster to keep from wearing out front end parts.

So my questions are:
1. You HAVE to use the icon supplied caster shims to get the alignment right correct?

2. Do the trucks need to be aligned to factory specs or to another set of specs?

3. If the specs are different then factory specs are there some already out there that someone can share or anyone that I can speak with to make sure that the truck has been aligned correctly to make sure I don't start wearing out front end parts as well as a brand new set if 35x12.50s?

Sorry guys I'm new to leveling kits, lifts, etc so pardon me if any of my questions are ignorant. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the ICON leveling kit on my truck and I took it to Desert Rat and they did the install/alignment and the guy said that it was the easiest truck to align and was almost aligned perfectly due to the supplied cam kit.

I have had the leveling kit installed for about 18 months now and I have had no tire wear issues due to alignment. I have taken the truck in for alignment and was told that I did not need it and I take the truck off road quite often.

I have the General Grabbers and I have a few chunks missing off the tread, the power on these trucks are unbelievable and the tires are very beefy!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It runs just find the way Icons sets it up. It could use a little more caster but you would need a 4 link to get that. After you get it installed it will steer real easy do to a little less caster.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadsd View Post
I have the ICON leveling kit on my truck and I took it to Desert Rat and they did the install/alignment and the guy said that it was the easiest truck to align and was almost aligned perfectly due to the supplied cam kit.

I have had the leveling kit installed for about 18 months now and I have had no tire wear issues due to alignment. I have taken the truck in for alignment and was told that I did not need it and I take the truck off road quite often.

I have the General Grabbers and I have a few chunks missing off the tread, the power on these trucks are unbelievable and the tires are very beefy!
That's great to hear! I appreciate your feedback. You are right about the power these trucks have even bone stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlxjim View Post
It runs just find the way Icons sets it up. It could use a little more caster but you would need a 4 link to get that. After you get it installed it will steer real easy do to a little less caster.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Love your truck by the way. Looks real tough!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

1. Yes
2. Factory spec, but push a little more toe than centered.
3. I put similar tires on mine, no probs
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTruck View Post
1. Yes
2. Factory spec, but push a little more toe than centered.
3. I put similar tires on mine, no probs
Thanks for the info TrickTruck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.