6.7 idling? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 idling?

Hey guys still haven't bought a truck between the two 6.7 we are farmers and live one mile from the farm the truck will be used alot of short runs to the barn and back and lots of idling as it is very cold here in the winter. as the 13 ford you won't be able to delete and the dodge i will probably delete is the ford still going to be reliable with more idling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM

I think you are ok with the exception of watching the antifreeze. Apparently more idling can degrade the antifreeze.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you're going to be idling a lot, install a high idle switch. If you're going to buy it, buy it now before all the deletes are gone
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Premium Member

I'm in Central Michigan for work and we're having temps of about -10F every now and then and I idle my truck for 6-8 hours a day. The coolant temps quickly drop off to about 140 and stay there if it's below about 20F. I don't have a high idle switch but recently read an article stating that high idle has minimal effect on keeping an engine warm (it does aid initial warm up). My truck has 80k miles on it and about 700 idle hours. No problems, no "making oil" or anything else. Mine is deleted however.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

6.7 idling?

The ECM in the 2013 ram is all new and you likely would not have a delete solution available for them either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

so will you always be able to do the deletes on the 2011 ??
Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think if you look hard enough, yes. The EPA is cracking down on tuners but there'll always be some kicking around. And the guy that runs DuramaxTuner.com has come out with a new ECM flash that's apparently kind of similar to EFIlive, so maybe there's still hope.

I loved having a big horsepower cummins but now I'm okay with having a good warranty and a truck that has been nice and reliable. My 6.4 buddies are always complaining about their trans is starting to go or they think they're starting to push coolant. That gets real old when you're a thousand KM's from home.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Premium Member

I have been speaking with a rep from Spartan and they are currently in R&D on the 2013 and they have heard about all the fines and restrictions put on a few companies by the EPA but they have no such warning on stopping sale and distribution of their tuners. I am going to get one for mine as soon as it is available just to have it in case the EPA shuts all the companies down. Also along with all the other required items... dpf delete, air box etc etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.