6.7 powerstroke good or bad. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 powerstroke good or bad.

So I have been a ford fan for as long as i can remember. Just wondering what are some of the common problems that are popping up. I have heard about the fuel system not doing to great not sure if they are just a couple of cases or not. if it is a problem could it be fixed with aftermarket stuff? are there any other things happening with the truck that will need fixed down the road, and last what are some of the good things with the truck that ppl are loving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeaby View Post
So I have been a ford fan for as long as i can remember. Just wondering what are some of the common problems that are popping up. I have heard about the fuel system not doing to great not sure if they are just a couple of cases or not. if it is a problem could it be fixed with aftermarket stuff? are there any other things happening with the truck that will need fixed down the road, and last what are some of the good things with the truck that ppl are loving?
I love my truck. I don't know anybody that owns one that dislikes the 6.7. If you plan on tuning and getting crazy HP, you may want to look into a 6.4. If you are leaving it stock (and keeping your warranty) get the 6.7!

Most the fuel issues I have seen are few and far between. And 9/10 it's the owner putting DEF in the fuel tank. A couple HPFP's shredding themselves though...
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 AM

My truck has been great, I had a tranny issue w mine but nothing major. I have mine tuned and it is the best thing I have done. Its like waking up a giant. I always had a dmax in the past, this is my first ford and I love it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 AM

I LOVE my Scorpion and wouldn't get rid of it for anything! I have had ZERO issues since buying it back in August of 2011. When you have this many of these 6.7's out there and some folks not following there owners manual your going to get issues. I know some folks who have done everything by the book and have still had issues but good God, think about how many trucks are out there and think of the shear nember of people on here, only a fraction have reported serious issues. I say if you Love Fords, Buy one and enjoy!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 AM

I love my 2011 so far and have about 32,000 miles. Only one issue when an engine light came on but it was only a sensor and didn't affect the truck until I got it to the dealer. I have about 7 friends with the 6.7 and all love the truck.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine has been flawless.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM

It's all about the 6.7! Best truck ever...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 6.7 has been great. Zero issues.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

So most of the fuel problems have been Def in the fuel tank? Well at least its the owners fault not fords. I test drove one and loved it. I have a 6.0 with no complaints right now. I'm glad they are in the third year of production with minimal issues because this will be my next truck
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM

12,000 miles and runs like a raped ape. Great stock power and refinement. I think Ford did a great job with this engine. Are there horror stories...yup...and you can find them on the Cummins, Duramax and this forum. But, they are not the majority...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.