Stolen Mini Max - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stolen Mini Max

I was talking to a stranger while I was in St. Cloud, MN about a tuned diesel and he told me that a friend of his had the MM stolen while he was visiting Minneapolis. I guess I need to start pulling out my MM now when its not in use since these tuners are no longer available.
I was just thinking if I ever get the tuner stolen how I would ever get this thing back to stock. The worst part is I just installed this tuner last weekend.
Any thoughts about the wear and tear it would cause the MM tuner if did pull every night since I cant park my truck in the garage?
Arggg, just another thing that I have to worry about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadsd View Post
I was talking to a stranger while I was in St. Cloud, MN about a tuned diesel and he told me that a friend of his had the MM stolen while he was visiting Minneapolis. I guess I need to start pulling out my MM now when its not in use since these tuners are no longer available.
I was just thinking if I ever get the tuner stolen how I would ever get this thing back to stock. The worst part is I just installed this tuner last weekend.
Any thoughts about the wear and tear it would cause the MM tuner if did pull every night since I cant park my truck in the garage?
Arggg, just another thing that I have to worry about now.
I thought that Mini Maxxs are "registered" to the VIN on your truck, and they cant be used on another vehicle?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 PM

Re: Stolen Mini Max

Yeah the guy wont be able to use it, it will be locked up and I've heard h&s wasn't going to unlock them anymore. You will still be under the same tune you were running, but would have to buy another to return to stock. Or just buy another to use for gauges and still run it under the same tune you had when it was stolen. Its absolutely ridiculous of these jack asses thieving these things just would love to find them and ring their necks!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana6.0 View Post
Yeah the guy wont be able to use it, it will be locked up and I've heard h&s wasn't going to unlock them anymore. You will still be under the same tune you were running, but would have to buy another to return to stock. Or just buy another to use for gauges and still run it under the same tune you had when it was stolen. Its absolutely ridiculous of these jack asses thieving these things just would love to find them and ring their necks!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Thats what H&S told me also, that unless you buy one "NEW" they are not going to unlock anymore. However, they did tell me they would continue to service their customers with updates for the SD cards on all their previous models.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM

exactly why I never recommend an all in one unit for the 6.0 crowd

my tuner is safe and my insight isn't but replaceable without issue

you 6.4 guys didn't really have the option since H&S was the best
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I take my mini maxx out EVERYWHERE i go. At least i put it in the glovebox. Theives will think it's some type of gps unit or whatnot. Heck they see a computer looking thing on the dash and figure it has to be worth something. I can't take the risk of having it stolen now that h&s isn't producing these with DPF delete anymore.
I thought that if you drive the truck WITHOUT the H&S tuner, it will run on the "no power" tune. With the H&S programmer, that is the only way you can set it to mild, wild, hot etc. I could be wrong, but that is what i thought.
I didn't know that each tuner is registered to the truck though. So you guys are saying if i decide to put my truck back to stock and trade it in for something else i have a mini maxx that i can't do anything with?? Sounds kinda hard to believe.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamouskonrad View Post
I take my mini maxx out EVERYWHERE i go. At least i put it in the glovebox. Theives will think it's some type of gps unit or whatnot. Heck they see a computer looking thing on the dash and figure it has to be worth something. I can't take the risk of having it stolen now that h&s isn't producing these with DPF delete anymore.
I thought that if you drive the truck WITHOUT the H&S tuner, it will run on the "no power" tune. With the H&S programmer, that is the only way you can set it to mild, wild, hot etc. I could be wrong, but that is what i thought.
I didn't know that each tuner is registered to the truck though. So you guys are saying if i decide to put my truck back to stock and trade it in for something else i have a mini maxx that i can't do anything with?? Sounds kinda hard to believe.

Yep, I just bought mine last week and they had to have my VIN# and told me that the Mini Max I bought would be "Issued" to my truck.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Stolen Mini Max

Zman that's how I use my mm, and use my insight for gauges, after doing my 6.0 like that I just couldn't stand the tiny mini maxx for gauges, the insight is so much better. But I bought an extra mini maxx just incase something happens or the truck is stolen or vice versa

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Stolen Mini Max

Go with a blend mount. That way even if someone breaks in the probably wont even notice it above the mirror.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPUyellowjacket View Post
Go with a blend mount. That way even if someone breaks in the probably wont even notice it above the mirror.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Curious to what you mean by this... Just mounting it above the mirror? Or do you mean mounting it in the visors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.