6.7 EGR VALVE BYPASSES ENGINE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 EGR VALVE BYPASSES ENGINE

Everyone that talks about the EGR Valve says they want to remove it because they want to stop the soot from going in the engine.

Found this info below

Link- Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel Engine - EGR Valve - Diesel Power Magazine

Emissions System
The Scorpion's EGR system feeds exhaust from the passenger-side manifold at 1,472 degrees to a new, hot-side Pierburg EGR valve. This means the control of EGR flow is done before the EGR goes through the cooler-no other diesel in a pickup does this-in order to prevent EGR sludge buildup in the valve and engine.

The EGR valve housing is cooled and will be made of aluminum on F-250 and F-350 applications and cast iron on F-450 and F-550 applications. The EGR system uses two floating core coolers that can expand and contract to reduce the chance of failure. The EGR system also has a bypass feature that skips the cooler in order to get the engine to warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR View Post
Everyone that talks about the EGR Valve says they want to remove it because they want to stop the soot from going in the engine.

Found this info below

Link- Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel Engine - EGR Valve - Diesel Power Magazine

Emissions System
The Scorpion's EGR system feeds exhaust from the passenger-side manifold at 1,472 degrees to a new, hot-side Pierburg EGR valve. This means the control of EGR flow is done before the EGR goes through the cooler-no other diesel in a pickup does this-in order to prevent EGR sludge buildup in the valve and engine.

The EGR valve housing is cooled and will be made of aluminum on F-250 and F-350 applications and cast iron on F-450 and F-550 applications. The EGR system uses two floating core coolers that can expand and contract to reduce the chance of failure. The EGR system also has a bypass feature that skips the cooler in order to get the engine to warm.
Interesting. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is very interesting, learn something new everyday! I for one was under the impression that it did not bypass the engine/intake, after reading other post that commented on the amount of soot in the intake kind of makes you wonder. But I guess that it makes sense that you do not really need the actual exhaust to be recycled, just the heat to help reduce the NOx production. I think I will have to do some more reading on this. Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM

I almost feel that the tuner companies are just trying to push their products and misinform us consumers into thinking that our engines are being ruined.

So what happens? we remove and delete, blow up engines, loose factory warranty for what?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Soot is still entering the engine. The only difference on this engine is the control of flow is done before the cooler where as 6.0s and 6.4s are done after. So in return the cooler doesn't get heat soaked and fail. If I understand it correctly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM

Trying to figure this out. Can someone please explain if I need to delete the cooler or just unplug and bypass? I have installed H&S with delete and S&b intake. Ordered the EGR delete as well just tryin to see the benefit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.