New Member here - Couple of questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Member here - Couple of questions

Hey guys well I'm a new member here and hope I am posting in the right spot. If I am posting my questions in the wrong spot please let me know and get me pointed in the right direction. I am excited to be a member and look forward to everything I am going to learn here. So let me get straight to it LOL

This is my 1st Diesel engine and I am learning as I go. I must say I love my truck and this new 6.7 though. I have had my truck a yr now and finally ordered me a mini maxx last week. I decided to order it while I could still find one with the dpf delete option. I installed it today and WOW it brought the truck to life. I installed with the dpf present and I can't wait to find out what the truck is going to do once I delete it. My first question is this.... I think I got everything tuned correctly. Are there any settings I need to change or adjust on top of the regular preset tune? I am primarily asking because I saw defueling settings that I have no idea what they are???? Most of these were set to off. Should they be??

Also I am going to go ahead and do the dpf delete and install an exhaust system. I want something that sounds good but not extremely loud. I like the super loud exhaust, I just like it on other people's trucks not mine. I like the nice diesel hum sound--something that sounds good and isn't extremely loud. Suggestions please!!

I would also appreciate some suggestions for a CAI. I was leaning afe or air raid just looking for suggestions as I have only used a CAI once and it was on my F150.

Sorry for posting so long and so many questions. I just want to make sure I get this right and know y'all will steer me in the right direction. Look forward to the suggestions. THANKS !!!

Last edited by DieselDuty250; 01-17-2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow first oil burner and you got a 6.7!! Way to hit a homer right off the bat! Oh yea and welcome!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Wow first oil burner and you got a 6.7!! Way to hit a homer right off the bat! Oh yea and welcome!!!
Kinda how I felt when I bought mine. From a 1993 f250 gasser to a 2011 6.7... It's a big step. Has a little more power, and a few more features. (it is missing a voltmeter reading on the dash though)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.