New 6.7 owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 6.7 owner

Just bought a new vermillion red 2012 F250 Supercab Lariat FX4. Couple questions. Truck is riding very rough and it's very bouncy over bumps. Do you think the dealer has the tires all jacked up on too much air? Truck has the following options

Fx4 suspension
10,000lb gvwr package
Snow plow prep
Chrome package
Lariat interior package
Engine block heater
Up fitter switches
Roof marker lamps.

Does the crew ride better? I may be slightly regretting cheaping out and not getting a crew. I just don't really use the backseat. This truck will get handed down to my business and I thought the supercab makes a better work truck. New powerstroke motor is sick. It's already getting 15mpg city/highway. My old truck which I kept is a 2004.5 F150 super crew FX4. 147k on her and you can't kill her. Done some maintenance and repairs but I love my 150. Any ideas on making the 250 ride a little smoother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lower your tire paid but that will make the light come on. You can put some Bilstien shocks on it also, or better yet give Carli suspension a call. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 01-12-2013, 03:57 AM

My neighbor's 2011 F350 CC Lariat FX4 is outfitted similar to yours. He said the snow plow prep package involves stiffer front suspension to handle the weight of the plow. The FX4 is stiffer shocks and all terrain tires. So he said his was the best for off road, but not so good for smooth riding. He has since reverted back to standard front springs and standard shocks which helped the ride considerably.

I marvel at how smooth the new Super Duty rides and drives. Very much like a car in my opinion. Yours is outfitted to do some serious work but not necessarily give the smoothest ride.

David
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 AM

The combination of the snow plow prep package and the FX4 package is what's giving you that rough ride. You're going to have to deal with it or swap out the springs. And no a crew cab wouldn't ride noticeably different.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 AM

I would lower the tire pressure and when you get a chance and some $$$ get rid of the shocks! I have a buddy with the same issues who swapped out the shocks and his truck rides as good as mine now. BTW, congrats on your purchase.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea the Rancho shocks that Ford uses on the FX4's are junk. I would replace mine with Bilstien's but I'm going to do a Carli Pintop leveling kit. It would be a waste of money to buy the shocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App
Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 AM

How do you post pictures? Does this forum have an IPhone app?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM

You can use photobucket, your iphone, or a digital camera and insert pics into your post. Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

You have almost the exact same setup as me, but mine is a crew long box 250. I don't think mine rides any worse than my 2000 did with the same configuration. I did put firstone air bags in the back because i was hauling a pickup camper when i first got it. Putting some weight in the bed really smooths them out. I have not changed out my rancho shocks yet, i might get to it someday. But i bought a new truck so i didn't have to work on it (for a while). Overall it isn't the roughest truck i've ever been in, but it does bounce around a bit. I also have my tires aired up almost to the max.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM

Truck is riding so poorly its unbearable. I actually hate it. I am bringing it back to dealership first thing Monday morning. Instead of being cheap I should have just ordered a thirteen to begin with, with the exact options that I wanted. I kinda needed a truck quickly tho cause my other truck was having problems and being my other company trucks are red it made the search very difficult. I thought I would have saved more money but after they took my deposit and got the truck from 300 miles away the numbers changed and I was at the point of no return they told me. I normally wouldn't have dealt with the local dealer but I did and that was a mistake in its self. Cause then at deal signing I only got a 1k rebate and like 2k off the sticker of a 2012 truck. I have seen people getting better deals on crews, like 8k off then i got on this piece of sh@t supercab. I am in such a bad mood and have never been so un happy with the purchase of a new truck. Not to sound like an ungrateful f@ck but I ain't paying $750 a month for a truck I cant stand to ride in. I have a herniated disc in my back. The pain is unbearable. With every bump it's sending shooting pains up my back. I just bought a $55k I can't stand driving. What do I do? I am not going to go into the dealership with a bad attitude like i am going to drive it through the showroom window, even though I now know they severely hosed me on the price. I am going to talk to them like a business man and ask them to see what they can do about helping me out with loosing as little money as possible. I do have three other fords in my fleet. Truck rides worst then my 3500 chassis cab dump. I have only put 150 miles on truck and I parked it. I am back to riding in my 05 f150 fx4 super crew. If this option doesn't work tho and ford doesn't do the right thing I will go to oth manufacturers and whoever gets me out from under it with loosing the least money is what I will buy. I simply just don't care anymore. But this is not going to work for me. Anyone ever been in a situation similar where a dealer has helped them without royals banging them on getting out? I have owned if for literally four days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.