Daily Driver? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daily Driver?

Anyone with a 6.7 that doesn't necessarily pull all the time yet still drive theirs daily? Most of my driving is highway, roughly 30 miles each way. Thinking of getting one but 90% of my driving driving would be empty and wanting opinions. Honestly I don't need one and could get away with a half ton, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money I'm going to get what i want and don't want any regrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've had mine for 5000 miles. I've pulled a 5k boat 1 time. My truck runs great, my daily commute is around 4.2 miles each way. I will be pulling the boat a lot more next year, and I am looking at getting a 10k tt/fw, haven't decided yet. It works great as a dd, and if you need to do work it's up to the task.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My Lariat is a dd. April will make 2 years for me, and currently have 27k miles on it, but I don't always pull. Needed a diesel tho for some of the things i do pull. I looked at buying an older 6.4 in addition to a dd, but for the prices of used, I just bought new.
The only downfall I guess is those days where ya gotta do a lot of runnin around town, and you just watch your fuel gauge go down!!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I drive a out 50 miles a day and don't haul anything. I only bought mine for the times I pull my camper and its only 8k.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine's a daily driver - no issues

Biggest concern is finding good parking spots
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My wife and I commute together 50 miles one way in the DC metro area. When I retired from the military, I was lucky to get a job about a block away from her. Anyway, we try to go 2 days in her vehicle and 2 in mine and work from home every Tuesday. I'd have to say we take my truck 75% of the time just because its so comfortable and fun to drive plus I'm averaging 18.7mpg. My office building is right next to a mall and the lower level parking has a 20" ceiling, so no issues with covered parking. I'd say its a great DD, my 09 5.7L Silverado got 14mpg
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM

DD probably tow about 150 miles a month. Just turned 53000 miles and love it. Primarily bought it for long trips (empty) Md toTx and Fla.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Love it as a DD and a weekend warrior!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 PM

I have 12k miles and I have pulled maybe once. I pulled with my 6.4 more but I didn't buy mine because I had to, I bought mine because I wanted to. People often ask me what do I pull with that thing. I say whatever I want.
It is great for hauling my two year old and wife around. Plenty of room, nice ride height as a 4x4.
Living in the new Orleans it isn't what you need but more of what do you have when you do need it. After Katrina it is hard to own anything that can't get you out of tough situations.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using AutoGuide.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought a 2012 f350 xl to drive daily about 35 each way. Reason for the truck I do need to pick up build materials or move trailer's and I had done the car to drive to work and nice truck and service truck thing for the last 7 years and decided to change back to one nice truck and a service truck. Put about 3,000 miles on it and love it. I got rid of a town car and Dodge 3500 drw with 430,000 miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.