LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Latex Tubing in Door Seal

Who has tried the Latex tubing in their door seals, How do you like it, Any pro and cons, Is it worth the money and time to do it,

post #2 of 13 Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Door rattle fix?

*SOLD*2008 F250 6.4: H&S Mini w/ Bully dog mount, Flo-Pro DPF/CAT delete, AFE stage 2, Viper 5901 Remote start.
2012 F250 6.7: S&B CAI, H&S Mini Maxx, 5" MBRP straight exhaust, Firestone airbags.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did this 2 weeks ago before a 4 hr road trip and it made a world of difference. Not too mention the doors close like a BMW now. The only problem is now I hear other rattles like the center console drink holders.
post #4 of 13 Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did it a little while back. It does make a big difference. There are two complaints though. The doors are a little harder to close now. So people don't always get them closed the first try. Also the stripping wants to try and fall off every now and then. Other than that it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

New Truck
2012 Lariat FX4 Off Road, Tuxedo black, Custom paint to match grille, paint to match halo projector headlights, S&B intake, Amp Steps, RBP 94R black with chrome insert 20X9 wheels, 35 Nitto Trail grapplers

The Toy
2001 4x4 off-road extended cab, DP tuner, 4 inch turbo back, S&B filter, smoked projector headlights, Ranch hand fron & rear replacements, 18 inch fuel wheels, nitto trail grapplers.

post #5 of 13 Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did the mod to mine and noticed some reduction in noise....but I thought it was pretty quiet to start with. It does make the door closing sound more solid..but sometimes more difficult. I think for the cost of the supplies (check ebay), it's a worthwhile mod. It took less than 15 minutes to install.

2012 F350 CCLB 3.55 ELD with 20s. Lariat package, Chrome, FX4, Clearance Lights, Rapid Heat, Two Tone, Upfitters, HD Alternator, 5th Wheel prep, Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau. Linex. On board air and shocker XL train horns.

THIS THING ROCKS!
post #6 of 13 Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was wondering if I drilled some small holes here and their like the orginal door molding had like every six inches into the latex tubeing to let out the traped air out when the doors are closed ?

post #7 of 13 Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm neutral on it, I really liked it at first, but now, not so much. I did the driver's side doors on my crew cab and left the passenger side.

The pros are that it is a bit quieter, not a lot, but noticeable, and the doors do close nice and solidly.

There are some real cons though, the doors do close solidly, you really have to follow through or almost slam them, especially once it got cold up here and the latex tubing gets stiff. It's annoying. The weatherstripping is starting to wear the paint off at few points where it's rubbing. Most annoying of all is a high pitched whistling sound that I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from, but it's real close to my left ear. It only started when the weather turned cold, and goes away when the truck gets really warm. I plan on putting some kind of lube on the weatherstripping, likely silicon style and see if that helps, if not, I'll be yarding the latex tubing out, because the whistling will drive me insane otherwise.

Waxy
post #8 of 13 Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the same problem in my '11. When it got ton -25c it would whistle real bad until it warmed up. I just wrote it off as the weatherstripping getting hard from the cold. My '12 so far hasn't started whistling yet and I hope it doesn't because it is real annoying.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hmmmmmm.... My drivers door is already hard to shut.... But it rattles a lot. So I'm at a loss what to do. I want to do this mod, but I'm afraid it would make my doors impossible to shut.

Blake

2013 F-150 CCSB Oxford White FX4 EcoBoost
Loaded with every option...

2008 F-250 CCSB Dark Copper King Ranch 6.4L FX4
4" MBRP Exhaust w/ Muffler (DPF/DOC Delete), Modded Stock Intake, H&S XRT Pro
post #10 of 13 Old 12-23-2012, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sixdstroke6.0 no the doors close, its not to bad (the rear are a little harder to close because I think the door is smaller and stright down in the front by the hinge) Its makes the door handle a little harder to open but my wife said I'm crazy it seams the same to her, but i live in San Diego so its not to cold here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode