Dealer Service - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer Service

I have been putting this off till I gave my local dealership an opertunity to take care of my truck. I purchased a 2012 Ford F450 Lariat 4X4 with 25K miles on it. When I purchased it I went to the service department and asked if there had been any warranty service done and if all the service had been done, I was assured that there wasn't anything showing as to warranty work and they serviced it before it was placed on the lot. After driving it for 6K miles I took it in for an oil change, alignment check. The service tech asked if I wanted the tires rotated also and I said sure wile it was there take care of it. I was intending to pay for it so there shouldn't have been a problem. Oil change was done (15 Quarts) and they did adjust the front alignment because the front tires were cupping (at no charge). I asked if it could be the shocks and they said the shocks were fine. When I left I asked if the tire pressure was checked (nitro fill) and they assured me it is done automatic.
I got home and noticed the tires hadn't been rotated and the next morning I checked the pressure with 2 guages. Fronts had 55 psi and rears had 45 psi. Should have been 70 psi in the front and 60 psi in the rears. almost 2 weeks later I filled out the survey and got a call. They told me to bring the truck in and the rotation would be done for free. I went in and picked up a few things like filters, while I was there I asked the service department about the tire rotation, they said bring it in in the morning and it would be taken care of free of charge. When I got there they wouldn't do the tire rotation, they said it was because I had put 7K miles on the truck and it was out of used car warranty. I didn't ask for a free oil change or a free alignment or free tire rotation in the first place. I asked for service and didn't get what I asked for.
I went to a different dealership and asked them to run the Vin and see what had been done to the truck. Come to find out the Turbo had been replaced the front end had had a problem and suppoedly fixed and they was a complaint about the transmission. I don't think I'll be going back to the local dealership. I found another that were honest with me. Update: Now they have called and said they would rotate the tires for $80, I told them thanks but no thanks

Last edited by skipper h; 12-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

where is the revenge if u don't post the name

so far your just Venting LOL

I hate dealers but what u going to do under warranty
Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Fronts 65psi
Rears 80psi

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:31 PM

I didn't want to post the dealers name because they are here. sorry According to the sticker in the door it says fronts 75psi and rears 60 psi Dually. I was hoping they would find out why the front tires were cupping so bad. I don't hate the dealers it's the used car saleman I have a problem with. Why didn't they tell me the history of the truck?? I asked them to print it at the time of purchase and they said they couldn't and they wouldn't scroll down for me to see it

Last edited by skipper h; 12-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM

guess I was venting a little too, sorry. I'm retired and 65 years old and don't know what the wife has planned but she said this will be my last truck and it will have to last the rest of my life. haaaaaaaaa
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM

How many miles you getting on the fronts before you start to get cupping?

Are you rotating your tires?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 PM

not sure I noticed it when I made a 2350 mile trip (3 days driving) and noticed it then. It may have started earlier but I was on a mission and only stopped for fuel and sleep. I did purchased the truck used from a dealer and the tires looked ok then.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 AM

When empty I run at 65psi all around. If I hook up the trailers, I bump them back up to 75-80 depending on what trailer I'm putting on.

I'm surprised you can run at 55 and 45 psi. Isn't your TPMS going off every time you start the truck? Anytime I'm below 62psi, my TPMS warning is flashing.

My 1st set of Factory Michelins went 30,000 miles and needed to be replaced. I pretty much rotated every oil change at 7500 miles each. My tires wore pretty even, just wore fast, But I tow a LOT.

The replacement Michelins ( I used Michelins again because they Pro-Rated my tread wear on the original tires) ran 40,000 miles, But I had a lot more interstate hiway mileage on those and a little bit less towing. Again I rotate each oil change, so around 7,500 mile avg rotation.

I suspect your front suspension problems that were mentioned, were just the typical Death Wobble that these trucks develop. I had mine fixed at 35,900 miles before my standard warranty expired. If a somebody buying my truck pulled a warranty report it would show up, But all it really was, was replacing the front Steering dampener. And I replaced the stock shocks and the problem has never returned.

I had about 3 really rough shifts in my first 36,000 miles. So while it was in at35.900, I mentioned that and my dealer replaced 3 selenoids in the tranny. Haven't had a rough shift since. So again, if somebody buying my truck pulled a report they would see that warranty work. But it was not a big deal and it fixed a minor problem.

I'm not defending your dealer, I don't know what work was or was not done on your truck. Replacing the turbo is a bigger project. But the other items could have been something pretty minor. As with any car purchase, Find someplace that you trust to service your truck.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:40 AM

Thanks Painted Horse, I never got a TPMS warning, so there might be something wrong there too. I to have got a few things happening with the trans, hard shifts, but I thought it was the way I was driving. Usually when I start from a light then let off the throttle before I get into 6th gear. I did notice that on level ground towing at 60 mph with 8000 pound trailer and cruise control set, a couple of times the truck would drop to 5th gear for no reason and hang there for about a minute then shift back to 6th gear. Perhaps thats what the issue was with the previous owner. The truck has 32000 miles on it and I wanted to make sure if there was anything wrong I wanted to get it fixed before the warranty expired. I'm going to a tire shop that has done alot of work for me and have the tires rotated and replacing the shocks to see if it helps. I have always ran Monroe shocks so that's what I will be putting on the truck.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's amazing how some dealerships will treat their customers. Some are a night and day difference. I bought my 2012 F-350 in October and specifically asked to have the tire pressure checked because I was driving from Arkansas to Texas the next day. The sales manager said I was good to go when they brought the truck around for me to take possession. When I got to TX, the next morning I noticed the front tires had a large foot print on the pavement. Since I was going into town, I stopped at the nearest Ford dealership. The service tech checked the front tires and serviced them to 65. I asked him what they were before he serviced them. He said 38 psi. Mind you I had no warning light either. Also, he could not service the rear dually tires because he did have the correct air service tools to due it. The real kicker was I mentioned the tires where serviced with nitrogen. He kind of smiled and and it answered the question I already knew the answer too- it's just a gimmick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.