remote start ... heater doesn't come on.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to mattyl
remote start ... heater doesn't come on..

I talked to ford today and asked if there was a flash to alow the heater controlls to have power so when i start the truck i can have the defrosters working to thaw the windshild and they told me there isn't.. and i am not the first customer to complain about this isue.. ford told the service guy that is just how they were done.. my question is has anyone found a way around this or come up with a divice that will alow the factory romote start to send power to the heater controll unit..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Hmm, my 2010 doesn't have the digital controls so I just leave the heat and defrost on when I shut it down so when I remote start it in the morning it thaws. Our 2012 has the digital buttons but its in the garage so I have never even noticed it doesn't turn on because it doesn't get frost . Ya learn something everyday I guess.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My heater and seat heaters come on if its cold enough in RS mode. In summer my seat coolers and a/c come on if it's hot enough. My manual even explains this as a feature.

The RS in idle doesn't really get truck that warm anyway. Couple miles until it warms up.

There is a post somewhere where someone found a wire that was hot in RS and he powered his uplifter switches with it in order to run his high idle mode during RS since those aren't powered in RS. If your heater isn't working maybe you can power your heater control unit with that same hot wire?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGUyNAR View Post
My heater and seat heaters come on if its cold enough in RS mode. In summer my seat coolers and a/c come on if it's hot enough. My manual even explains this as a feature.

The RS in idle doesn't really get truck that warm anyway. Couple miles until it warms up.

There is a post somewhere where someone found a wire that was hot in RS and he powered his uplifter switches with it in order to run his high idle mode during RS since those aren't powered in RS. If your heater isn't working maybe you can power your heater control unit with that same hot wire?

Point me towards this page in the manual please! My 2008 Chevy had this feature but a 2012 Ford doesn't?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Page 85

Link to owner guide 4th printing

Looks like it might be an option. My 12 KR has it. If you don't have maybe you can get it added?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

I thought all of the heat and cool function, with the remote start, were temperature dependant? It has to be a certain temp either way for those function to kick in with the RS. When I was hunting last month it was 29 outside and I started the truck with RS and the seats were heated when I got in. I think the owner manual tells you what the temp range is for each function to come on automatically with RS.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGUyNAR View Post
Page 85

Link to owner guide 4th printing

Looks like it might be an option. My 12 KR has it. If you don't have maybe you can get it added?
Thanks! I will just wait until a really cold day and see if I have the option. My truck stays in the garage and daytime temps have been in the 50's.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The barrier is 32 degrees for the heater and defroster to kick on from what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've noticed that my KR doesn't turn on my heaed seats either? I know it's been cold enough a couple times
Old 12-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know in our work trucks there's an option in the dash screen to have your climate controls automatically sensed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.