Invoice ADV Assessment/Destination and Delivery Fee Negotiable? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Invoice ADV Assessment/Destination and Delivery Fee Negotiable?

Does anyone know if the ADV Assessment and/or Dest and Delivery fees are negotiable aka take them off the price of the truck on the invoice?

I saw a couple forum posts on another forum that hint/say the advertising fee isnt charged in some regions which makes me believe that the fee is negotiable. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'd like to negotiate them both off the invoice if possible. Any ideas and advice would be greatly helpful.

ADV assessment on x plan - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

I would drop off the advertising fee for sure! im not paying for their advertising. i believe the destination charge is normal at any dealer though.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 AM

I agree but I didnt know if dealers would do it or not so I wanted to ask. I also dont really have a case except I dont want to pay for it and its a BS charge.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

from my experience and what i've read the destination charge is legit and the advertising fee is BS.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM

If the charge is on the Dealer Invoice the dealer is paying Ford for it so I would not expect nor ask a dealer to budge on those.

Actual Dealer Invoice less incentives with no other BS Dealer invented charges is the most I would pay but the destination and regional advertising charges shown on the Dealer Invoice are not a BS Dealer invented charge/fee.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM

If it's on the original factory invoice and not something that the dealer typed on or added after he got the truck, Then the dealer has to pay it. Now any of the Aftermarket add on stuff that on the dealers own little sticker is absolutely something to dicker about.
Destination fee is the same anywhere in the US. Same for the dealer 5 miles from the factory or a dealer in Fairbanks Alaska. Ford just averages the deliver fee and accesses everybody the average cost.

Regional advertizing is something Ford charges their dealers for the TV/Radio ads in a given region. Thats why you have to enter a Zip code when you build and price on Ford.com. Prices will vary by region of the country based on incentives and advertising that Ford has currently going in each area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.