Ford ESP extended warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford ESP extended warranty

Some might say don't get it and that's fine but just wondering is it worth it to get it I am looking at the 120k prem. warranty that covers everything from bumper to bumper....I don't plan on tuning or anything else I am fine with everything stock for now....Anyone know where I can get a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM

I have the ESP til 125k and glad I paid the 3800 for it up front. I had a wiring harness go bad in the door causing the locks to go nuts at 42k. Deductible was 100 the bill would have been 795. This past week I developed a radiator leak at the pet****, deductible 100 bill would have been 1845.00 one more trip and I will have broken even. For me it is piece of mind. That and my dealer picks up the cost of the rental for warranty repairs. With all new vehicles there are bound to issues here and there. I paid for the warranty since I put 40k+ a year on my vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I always shop for the extended warranty after the purchase. There are several Ford Dealers offering the various ESPs just over their cost. If you really like your dealer and would prefer to buy your ESP through them I would at least print off one of the internet pricing sheets and see if your dealer will match or get close. Below is a link to the dealer I used for my 2011 F250:

http://www.lombardfordwarrentys.com

Looks like you can get the 84 month /125k mile premium care for around $2900 with a $100 deductable. Let me know anyone knows a better deal than this as I will be shopping for my 2012 F250 ESP soon.

Turbo Joe
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got mine a month ago through ziegler automotive group.... super easy website to navigate. The guys name is Bob Cline who is over the warranty department. A couple of the online ones require a $99 fee for an outside consulting firm to come to you and do the inspection. Zeigler just has you print off the form from FORD and take it to any local dealership to have them visually inspect and then your good to go. The dealership whrer you purchased should have no problem doing the inspection for free. Personally I generally don't keep a vehicle longer than 3 years and my truck had 46,000 mi on it when purchased so I opted for the the 3yr/40,000 mi premium official ford ESP and it was $1550. Well worth the extra insurance for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.