Thinking about getting a 6.7..........? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thinking about getting a 6.7..........?

Well after much debating I think I am going to sell my 05 and skip the 6.4's and go to a 6.7. I will be buying a used one. Are there any things I should look for to make sure I get a good one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM

I would look to see why it was traded in so early... But other than that you should be good I freaking love this truck!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Love mine too! And the deals on new ones are fantastic right now...I know you're looking used, but just in case you don't know...2012s are being sold for $12-$13K off MSRP all day if you shop around. Not sure if you're buying from a dealer or private party...used ones may be around the same price as a new one depending on what the original owner paid for it. Happy shopping!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 AM

If you are looking to buy used, reverse your thinking. Skip the 6.7L and look for a low mileage 6.4L that you can do the deletes.
Twice the engine and a real suspension.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Every used one I found in my area that wasn't whooped on they wanted crazy money for. I ended up with a great deal on a 2012 so I pulled the trigger.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM

Don't worry about George C, he's just the guy trolling 6.7 forums like some kind of modern day Paul Revere on a midnight ride to Lexington yelling "the British are coming!". Only his war cry is "the 6.7's are coming" and the 6.4 is not twice the motor duh, 6.7>6.4. As far as suspension goes, I'm pretty sure the suspension under my truck is real but then again perception is reality. I traded my truck in the sig for a 2011, couldn't be happier with it. In fact I can't even say there's anything to look out for as nothings broke on it. Though I have heard the fuel delivery system can be quite finicky and some turbo problems. But in the grand scheme of things these motors are doing great.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM

George the current problem is that the EPA threatened all the programmer companies with huge fines if they continued to sell programers that supported the deletes. So they currently are all off the market. Unless you can find a used programer or a dealer that might have one in stock. You are stuck with leaving the DPF on both the 6.4L or the 6.7L engines. And if I have to leave the DPF in place, I'm going to run the 6.7L.

We are all interested in what H&S and others figure out to stay in business. But it appears the threats from the EPA finally got serious enough to shut down all shipping of programers that support Delete kits.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
George the current problem is that the EPA threatened all the programmer companies with huge fines if they continued to sell programers that supported the deletes. So they currently are all off the market. Unless you can find a used programer or a dealer that might have one in stock. You are stuck with leaving the DPF on both the 6.4L or the 6.7L engines. And if I have to leave the DPF in place, I'm going to run the 6.7L.

We are all interested in what H&S and others figure out to stay in business. But it appears the threats from the EPA finally got serious enough to shut down all shipping of programers that support Delete kits.
Really? Wow I didnt hear about that. Jeez that sucks.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post

We've seen this before, and we'll see it again. You can still order a tuner from KEM, Spartan and others. H&S, for some reason was targeted by an EPA agent to justify their job. They'll pay a small fine for the time the EPA agent spent typing up the paperwork, and I am sure you'll see H&S back at it very soon.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikky_dean View Post
Don't worry about George C, he's just the guy trolling 6.7 forums like some kind of modern day Paul Revere on a midnight ride to Lexington yelling "the British are coming!". Only his war cry is "the 6.7's are coming" and the 6.4 is not twice the motor duh, 6.7>6.4. As far as suspension goes, I'm pretty sure the suspension under my truck is real but then again perception is reality. I traded my truck in the sig for a 2011, couldn't be happier with it. In fact I can't even say there's anything to look out for as nothings broke on it. Though I have heard the fuel delivery system can be quite finicky and some turbo problems. But in the grand scheme of things these motors are doing great.
um right..
OP, now you know why the price of the 6.4L are rising.. Because people other than Nikki are seeing reality. Nikki likes to attack me and others personally, and I have come to accept him for what he is.
I plan on buying a new truck in 14', so it has nothing to do with anything other than to answer your question honestly. I honestly feel the 6.4L is a more solid engine in every way, and anybody who knows anything about the comparison will agree without hesitation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.