leveling kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question leveling kit?

hey guys i have been looking and cant find the answer.
i have an 2011 f350 kr 17in rims 4x4 and i am wondering what leveling kit height i would need to bring the truck level. plus do i need to get a kit that drops the arms. and what are you guys saying is a good kit / shock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray offroad View Post
hey guys i have been looking and cant find the answer.
i have an 2011 f350 kr 17in rims 4x4 and i am wondering what leveling kit height i would need to bring the truck level. plus do i need to get a kit that drops the arms. and what are you guys saying is a good kit / shock
2.5" icon or carli, is what I am going with. I have the same truck as you. Keeping your steering componenet geometry as close to stock as Possible is best! So radius arm drop brackets and adjustable trac bar are a must!

It blows me away that some people will put shotty products under there $60k trucks.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There is no need to drop the radius arm for only 2.5" of front lift. With all leveling systems, we include a caster correction shim and an adjustable track bar to ensure your alignment is perfect after the install of the leveling system.

Please see the following link for more info and let me know if you have any more questions!

Carli Suspension's King 2.5" Leveling Kit Release - Carli Suspension - Technical Forum
Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
my suggestion is Carli, Icon or Bilstien http://stealth-automotive.com/index....roduct_id=1853

if your looking for a inexpensive way to level it you can go with like a procomp coil spacer for under 150 bucks
Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM

I went with the simple Readylift and have been very happy. Just get into the name hype.

I have the trac bar bracket but did not go with the radius arm drops as they are not needed with the F350 leveling kit as told to me by several shops and Readylift.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks guys. if im going to do it im going to do it right and make a smoother ride out of it. ok now im stuck again carli takes a 350 and steps the rear down to a 250 height and leveled from there and changes your rear springs. whats the pros/cons can i clear 35s with that 250 height leveled. Icon they make a 250 match a 350 rear then level it which being said raises the height of the vehicle (am i right?) icon just changes the front leaving the rear stiff. whats icons pros/cons can i clear 35s?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM

I believe the carli uses the 250 block on a 350 because they also add the mini pack in the rear which replaces the stuff overload bottom leaf

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0L Stroker View Post
I believe the carli uses the 250 block on a 350 because they also add the mini pack in the rear which replaces the stuff overload bottom leaf

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
YUP!

The Mini Packs add about 2" of lift so you use the 250 blocks inplace of the 350 blocks to keep the truck level. The combination fo the mini packs and the shorter blocks helps to control wheel hop better than the factory setup and rides better as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
I went with the simple Readylift and have been very happy. Just get into the name hype.

I have the trac bar bracket but did not go with the radius arm drops as they are not needed with the F350 leveling kit as told to me by several shops and Readylift.
I wish our name hype was worth $1 more than the competition.... You're certainly not paying for the Carli name, but the shock tuning and engineering in the Carli systems.

On the leveling systems, you shouldn't run a drop track bar bracket as you change your drag link/track bar angles thereby causing bump steer. Did you put a drop pitman arm on too?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You should look at Pure Performance's kits.
The mini spring packs are very nice but will make the ride a little stiffer..but great if you tow.

Pm me if I can help with either Icon or Pure.

We can also custom package a kit for your specific usage.

Last edited by CT Performance, Inc.; 12-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.