King Ranch Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
King Ranch Question

I have a question related to the King Ranch option exterior colors. I saw a truck yesterday at the grocery store that was solid white platinum with king ranch badges. It also had the king ranch seats, console, steering wheel, KR rims, and door panels (plus was fully loaded).

I noticed that you can get solid color king ranch models on the F-150 but wasnt aware that the F-250/350/450 had this option. This truck had to be one of the slickest looking vehicles I have ever seen. It was sitting on 35" nitto trails on the stock KR 20"s.

So did he just have the bottom of the truck repainted the platinum white (Front and rear bumpers were Ranch Hand brand Black replacements)? Or is this a factory option? If it is, the King Ranch option just jumped to the top of my list in wants(not a two-tone fan but love the KR specific trim).

Im also sorry I didnt get a picture of the truck, maybe someone knows the guy/girl that owns this truck. I saw the truck at the Broad St Kroger in Mansfield Tx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

As of 2013 A solid color KR Super-duty is not available, perhaps ford will offer it in 2014 since the 2013 f150 now offers a solid color for the KR trim level. What you saw was probably a King ranch that had been painted to match.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM

agreed I just went to build your ford = all two tone ,, but I like them that way LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Emergency Services

^ i agree..the white with the gold bottom
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
maybe someone knows the guy/girl that owns this truck. I saw the truck at the Broad St Kroger in Mansfield Tx.
I may know the owner. He owns a drilling company and has one as described. He had the truck painted. I also own an '08 KR but still have the two tone which has always been my single dislike on the truck. Ordered a Platinum this time around to get away from it plus the new KR leather sucks.

My company contracts for his so next time I see the truck I will get a picture.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanausdoll View Post
I may know the owner. He owns a drilling company and has one as described. He had the truck painted. I also own an '08 KR but still have the two tone which has always been my single dislike on the truck. Ordered a Platinum this time around to get away from it plus the new KR leather sucks.

My company contracts for his so next time I see the truck I will get a picture.
Awesome, I almost didnt put the "maybe someone knows him/her" comment because I figured no one would know. Thats crazy that you may know.

Can you enlighten me a little more on your comment about the new KR leather sucks?!? I havent seen the KR leather in the 6.7s 11-13 MY so I dont know about any differences.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
Awesome, I almost didnt put the "maybe someone knows him/her" comment because I figured no one would know. Thats crazy that you may know.

Can you enlighten me a little more on your comment about the new KR leather sucks?!? I havent seen the KR leather in the 6.7s 11-13 MY so I dont know about any differences.
Small world isn't it! I talked to the guy on the phone yesterday. It was likely his truck.

As for the KR leather, my '08 has Castano saddle leather. Ford changed it to what looks like the same leather in the Lariat but died it what I call a clay red. For me the color was horrible and I really liked the thicker saddle leather. If you are going to order one make sure you go to a dealership and look at the interior and make sure you like it.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanausdoll View Post
Small world isn't it! I talked to the guy on the phone yesterday. It was likely his truck.

As for the KR leather, my '08 has Castano saddle leather. Ford changed it to what looks like the same leather in the Lariat but died it what I call a clay red. For me the color was horrible and I really liked the thicker saddle leather. If you are going to order one make sure you go to a dealership and look at the interior and make sure you like it.
The last year ford used castano leather I believe was in 2007. After the redesign of the super-duty, They began to use chaparral leather. One of the biggest reasons for the change in material was the high amount of complaints ford received from Angry King Ranch Owners who's leather seats looked worn out within the first year. (This was mainly due to owners not taking the proper precautions in leather care)

IMO The best leather used in KING RANCH trucks was from 03-07
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING RIZZLE View Post
The last year ford used castano leather I believe was in 2007. After the redesign of the super-duty, They began to use chaparral leather. One of the biggest reasons for the change in material was the high amount of complaints ford received from Angry King Ranch Owners who's leather seats looked worn out within the first year. (This was mainly due to owners not taking the proper precautions in leather care)

IMO The best leather used in KING RANCH trucks was from 03-07
My '08 has the castano leather, not really sure when they changed it. I wish they would offer the castano leather as an option. If taken care of properly it is by far the best leather I have ever owned in a vehicle. My '08 is nearly as the day a bought it 5 years later and that is in Texas heat parked outside 100% of the time. Of course I condition the driverís seat every 4 - 6 months and the rest annually. Takes less than 20 minutes to do them all.

I am giving the '08 to my 16 year old and I can honestly say I am very disappointed to not be able to get another KR with that leather.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I've seen quite a few new KR's as you describe but maroon. They all had paper tags so I was wondering the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.