An apology to the members and moderators here. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
An apology to the members and moderators here.

Guys I am here holding my hat, not asking for forgiveness, rather saying I am sorry, with an explanation and hoping to move forward with no hard feelings.

(I know this may belong in off-topic, but this forum is where I spend most of my time, will see the people I may have offended possibly. If it has to be moved, I understand)

I have been a member of different forums for many years, Jaguar, Corvette, Hayabusa, Hunting and fishing, etc. I came into this forum forgetting I was the nube, and a few of my replies have been less than forthcoming, borderline ignorant. For that I am truly sorry.

I forgot that I do not know any of you. I forgot that I have not talked to you, was just 'chatting' as I would in different forums, where there is comeraderie and kidding around where the intention is know. I have come off as callous and would like to apologize for that. It is hard to show emotion and feeling through keystrokes.

In many of the huge forums, there is a huge US following, with a small Canadian contingent. Being in the small contingent, it 'hardens you' or puts your back against the wall, because we are so often the butt of many jokes, pokes and stabs are common. It puts you in defensive mode, which I have to learn not to do.

If I have offended you, please forgive me. I am not a bad guy, I do try to help where, when, and as often as I can. I just typed without thinking.

I am sorry. I absolutely will do my best not to repeat my mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I didn't see any threads that you were in that someone would construe as you being a d!ck. But with this apology I can see that your being sincere and the other members would be lucky to have another member such as yourself who can own up to their mistakes and move forward. I know what you mean about the Canadian thing but one thing that I have noticed here is that I have never seen anyone try to bash on any of you guys. Myself for one has had many chats with you fellows across the border. There are a lot of people here that are "new" or what not and tend to get pushed out of the way or thrown to the side cause they are "new" but I have seen it far worse in other forums.

This forum is a great place with a lot of great people. Pretty much like one great big happy family that is spread across the entire globe. Kudos to you for stepping up and being the bigger person and setting the record straight and enjoy your stay here.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I was looking through that thread that got closed... yeah everyone got a bit heated, but Kudos to you for being a man and stepping up
Old 11-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate that.
I am waaaay too used to another forum, been there since bulleting boards almost. I bought the wrong attitude to the board thinking I was going to get the same treatment, for just being Canadian.

In truth, I prefer the States to Canada in a lot of ways, especially retail attitude and customer service. I love travelling south, quite often a meal that would cost $85 here costs $35 there and the waitress gets a $35.00 tip for being so awesome.

I should remember that when I reply.....food for thought.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM

I forgive you for being canadian
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM

WTF, no need to apologize.
When things get ugly, keep talking until it's talked out. By the end, everyone might be on the same page.

Internet chat lacks the personal exchange. It's as cold as a text message. When it gets a little ugly, I always chalk it up to the fact that we can not talk in person, and are forced to express our views in print instead of person to person conversation over coffee or a beer.
The person I might dislike the most in a discussion forum may be a person I would like a whole lot if we actually talked face to face, so I always leave that door open and not judge anyone.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
When things get ugly, keep talking until it's talked out. By the end, everyone might be on the same page.

Internet chat lacks the personal exchange. It's as cold as a text message. When it gets a little ugly, I always chalk it up to the fact that we can not talk in person, and are forced to express our views in print instead of person to person conversation over coffee or a beer.
The person I might dislike the most in a discussion forum may be a person I would like a whole lot if we actually talked face to face, so I always leave that door open and not judge anyone.
I agree with George on this one.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:04 AM

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:

I also belong to many forums including three Ford forums. One in particular I said something about VW diesels and you thought I called this guy's wife a hag. Anyway, he got all bent out of shape, pissed and moaned, started attacking every word and he was a SPONSOR of this sight. Needless to say I bailed out of that forum. I know sometimes somebody might say something that was "smart assed" and then the race is on. Often times it is easy to come back and say something "smart assed" in return but more better, its better to just say nothing and take your gripe to a private conversation which most forum's have. There is just too much information out there about Ford products and often most people come to forums looking for solutions not arguments. I like this forum and the Diesel Forum is good also, but the F150 forum can get out of hand sometimes. Thanks for all your knowledge because that is why I came here with my new 250.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:

There is though, I was crass and insensitive, and I regretted it. I don't want anyone to think I am a jerk, I really am not! You are right about the internet chat, one has to be so damned careful how it is worded, from now on I think think think type....wait a minute.....re read what I wrote and hit enter.

Not type type type hit enter and put on the flamesuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.