New here and just bought a 6.7!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New here and just bought a 6.7!!

Hi,

Im new to the forum, but not new to a Powerstroke. I have been lurking and reading for some time but have never posted here... Just purchased a new 2012 F350 - Powerstroke 6.7 - CC Lariat Dually and I absoutly love it... I had a 2004 F350 6.0 CC Dually and it was well used and never once left us stranded, or struggled to pull anything, and it also loved to pass Dodges and Chevys like they were sitting still.. After years of owning Powerstrokes, you couldnt give me anything else...

on my 6.0, I did end up bulletproofing it and replacing EGR Cooler, Oil Cooler, Y Pipes, EGR Valve, a couple fuel injectors, ICP Sensor (which was on the back under the turbo and a PITA).. I also reconditioned the Turbo, and also a few other things... All this was done last January at 150,000 miles and not because it blew the EGR Cooler or anything. The EGR Valve went bad and I went ahead and did all that as a preventitive and for even better reliability...

People can say what they want about Ford, Powerstroke and the 6.0 but I have nothing but great things to say about it... Once the problems are fixed, it is one awesome, powerful motor that dosent say no to anything you throw at at...

Anyway, Just bought a new 2012 F350 6.7 Lariat and I am very Impressed so far.. though, there are a few things I dislike like the plastic water seperator valve, I know on the 6.0, the radiator plug got brittle and broke after a few years and I had to replace it, thankfully, it came out easy... I upgraded the water drain plug to the larger International brass one and that made a world of difference there,

Is there any major differences between the 6.0 and 6.7 I should be aware of like using Cetane Boosters and Fuel Injector cleaners. I always ran them in the 6.0 and it made a big difference with mpg and things like stiction that they were prone to... I also just wanted to say Hi to all the fellow Powerstroke owners out there...

Last edited by ShadyAcresFarm; 11-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyAcresFarm View Post
Hi,

Im new to the forum, but not new to a Powerstroke. I have been lurking and reading for some time but have never posted here... Just purchased a new 2012 F350 Powerstroke 6.7 Crew Cab Lariat Dually and I absoutly love it... I had a 2004 F350 6.0 CC Dually and it was well used and never once left us stranded, struggled to pull anything and it loved to pass Dodges and Chevys like they were sitting still, After years of owning Powerstrokes, you couldnt give me anything else... on my 6.0, I did end up bulletproofing it and replacing EGR Cooler, Oil Cooler, Y Pipes, EGR Valve, a couple fuel injectors, ICP Sensor (which was on the back under the turbo and a PITA) and also reconditioned the Turbo, and also a few other things... All this was done last January at 150,000 miles and not because it blew the EGR Cooler or anything. The EGR Valve went bad and I went ahead and did all that as a preventitive and for even better reliability... People can say what they want about Ford, Powerstroke and the 6.0 but I have nothing but great things to say about it... Once the problems are fixed, it is one awesome, powerful motor that dosent say no to anything you throw at at...

Anyway, Just bought a new 2012 F350 6.7 Lariat and I am very Impressed so far.. though, there are a few things I dislike like the plastic water seperator valve, I know on the 6.0, the radiator plug got brittle and broke after a few years and I had to replace it, thankfully, it came out easy... I upgraded the water drain plug to the larger International brass one and that made a world of difference there,

Is there any major differences between the 6.0 and 6.7 I should be aware of like using Cetane Boosters and Fuel Injector cleaners. I always ran them in the 6.0 and it made a big difference with mpg and things like stiction that they were prone to... I also just wanted to say Hi to all the fellow Powerstroke owners out there...
What? I had to read that a few times...

These trucks are so advanced, I don't think there is a whole lot to worry about. (If anything goes wrong , it will let you know). Ford will tell you change the oil when the OLMS tells you, but most people on here seem to love 5k oil intervals and 10k fuel filter intervals. I use motorcraft centane booster year round, and also anti gel stuff in the winter.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 AM

Oh BTW, good looking truck and
Old 11-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry about that.. There was alot of info that I was even having a hard time explaining it. Just fixed a few things so it reads easier..

I pretty much kept everything changed on the 5k/10k routine with the 6.0.. so that shouldnt be much of a problem..

Last edited by ShadyAcresFarm; 11-03-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just uploaded some pictures of both trucks in my profile under albums...
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 AM

Nice looking rig! Take care of it and it should last a long time. I run dieselkleen w/cetane boost.

These things are great. You need to definitely consider all perspectives on this site....there are some negative nellies on here LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.