What would it take to rid yourself of your SD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What would it take to rid yourself of your SD?

I keep reading about ford shunning warranty claims to normal operators following rules Im going to look at the 2013 dodge. I imagine dodge does this as well though. Tell me about Aisin trannys. GM still has their shaking problems, we get stuck with 10k fuel system bills.... I'm just trying to pull a boat ppl, whats the best solution? Own a dodge in warranty? I guess owning a ford in warranty doesnt matter much. Anyone have a motor or fuel problem recently ford actually fixed? We have like 10 ppl on this website and supposidly 500,000 PDSs sold....

So, what would it take for you to offload that found on road dead and go somewhere else? I think Ram is probably my back up plan, but man I love this SD, just wish ford made me more comfortable.

Last edited by Boat Hauler; 10-30-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't stress out....if there was fuel contamination why should ford warranty the Fuel system? I'm not saying that at times ford may deny warranty claims that are legit. However we need to remember this is the internet and people may not tell th whole story, they just tell the story that benefits them. Just drive the truck, if something breaks, I have every confidence ford will fix it, if the truck hasn't been modded.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Well I hope you are right. I really like the truck, I want to keep it for years.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 AM

Agreed, I came from an 02 & 06 cummins that were a great trucks. So hopefully it doesn't bite me in the butt making the switch.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 AM

So what made you move to the ford? Honesely I didnt look at the rams but I did look at the GMC and I wasnt impressed at all for 55k.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 AM

I went back and forth... The main thing for me was mileage and my driving style. I do mostly city driving and after reading all the plugged dpf and emission issues on city driven dodges I switched. I wasn't going to delete and void my warranty. Plus a good friend of mine has a 12 ram, he gets on average 13-14 that includes a lot of highway mileage. I know I shouldn't buy this truck for mpg but I don't want to just throw money out the exhaust pipe for no reason. I get a solid 16.1 around town, 18.5 running 69-74 into a headwind, and 17.4 running 79 across i70 for 300 miles. I believe its a 19.5 mpg truckmif i would set the cruise at 65. I'm totally happy with the truck, granted it was 3500 more than a similar, not identical ram. That would pay for fuel..... This truck also gave me more payload and towing capacity out of a 2500/250. I still should have went with the 350
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM

Plus, I may be in the minority....I love the look of the fords with 20in wheels! I looked at the Denali's as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM

I think you are right about mileage, 13-14 average stinks. I had a tundra before this and having a truck with this much capability and get this good range is awsome. I sometimes wish I got the dually.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got a new 2012 F350 and came from owning 3 dodges currently and having 2 others in the past, wouldnt even look at a dodge until they beef up their transmission. Maybe the Aisin will do it for them but until then im more than happy with the ford. Looked at the gm pickups but just thought they were so blah and boring compared to the new rams and fords.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 AM

The new 2013s the gap bwtween GM/Ford+dodge is even worse. GM still looks like its from 2004 while the other two companies are improving/updating. I had a jeep and thats what steered me away from dodge. Tranny needed rebuilt, heater problems, brake problems. I owned toyotas and loved them ever since. Never an issue with any of them. I wanted/needed an HD truck though and well, thats why I'm here now. I have high hopes for this truck, I just would like ford to stand behind us while we take the risk for them to work out their growing pains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.