Removal of A pillar molding super duty 2011 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Removal of A pillar molding super duty 2011

Anyone have experience removing A pillar molding 2011 F-250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldqtip View Post
Anyone have experience removing A pillar molding 2011 F-250
It's just two screws (under the caps) and pull on the handle. It's just clips holding after the two screws.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Regarding those caps, how do they come off-- I've had some surprises in the past when what looked like it ought to snap off they broke off --- Trying to install a auto-dim mirror with compass and need to get to a power source controlled by the ignition switch. Just purchased this truck and a bunch surprised that there was no compass and no oil pressure gauge. Do appreciate your help. Oldqtip
Old 10-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Regarding those caps, how do they come off-- I've had some surprises in the past when what looked like it ought to snap off they broke off --- Trying to install a auto-dim mirror with compass and need to get to a power source controlled by the ignition switch. Just purchased this truck and a bunch surprised that there was no compass and no oil pressure gauge. Do appreciate your help. Oldqtip
Is it a 2011/12? When I installed my running lights acroos the top of the cab, I had to pull both pillars off. I used a small flathead screwdriver and the caps come off pretty easy. There are screws under the caps. I believe they are 7mm but im not positive about that. Once the pillar cover is off there is a wiring harness that runs the length of the pillar.Thats were I ran my wire for my radar detector. Good Luck!!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This is a 2011 F-250 Super Duty XLT. From what I can tell the available power for the courtesy lights is not ignition switch controlled and nothing else available in the existing wiring harness above the visors (or at least from what I can see ). Had hoped Ford would have had the plug for the dimming/compass mirror up there as standard but guess not.
Think I will add a couple of spare lines up to that area just in case I decide to add the running lights as you have. Much appreciate your quick responses. THANKS Oldqtip (was going to sign off as OQT but that may be taken the wrong way. [:-)
Old 10-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
This is a 2011 F-250 Super Duty XLT. From what I can tell the available power for the courtesy lights is not ignition switch controlled and nothing else available in the existing wiring harness above the visors (or at least from what I can see ). Had hoped Ford would have had the plug for the dimming/compass mirror up there as standard but guess not.
Think I will add a couple of spare lines up to that area just in case I decide to add the running lights as you have. Much appreciate your quick responses. THANKS Oldqtip (was going to sign off as OQT but that may be taken the wrong way. [:-)
Don't try to grab power from anything in the wiring harness I described. It sounds like most most if not all your wires will be for the air bags!!! Don't want one of those puppies going off on you!!

If you ever do the cab lights, let me know. There are some really good threads on here about them, but i could share the little things I learned.

Take care, Carl.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Again, THANKS for the info! Was not looking at wiring for the bags, but, the wiring to the courtesy lights. Thought that Ford may have put in the plug for the dimming mirror/compass but nothing there but the light power from door switch or solid power regardless of ignition switch position. FYI, electronics tech in previous life as well as having my own electrical business so some savvy about wiring and such. BUT, have broken enough plastic auto parts/panels/covers to have at times dramatically increased my "foreign" language skills so the reason for my original post. MUCH TKS Oldqtip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.