Sold the Dodge and Bought a Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sold the Dodge and Bought a Ford

Well, my friends tell me I have joined the dark side. I say call me Darth Vader then. Only had a chance to put 400 miles on it before I left for offshore again. Was not nearly enough time to enjoy the new ride. The Ford 6.7 is surprising powerful for a stock truck. This is coming from a guy to had a Dodge that made over 700hp.

The main reason behind selling the Dodge is that I wanted a completely stock truck that I can leave completely stock. We have a 40ft TH RV that I want to be able to make long road trips in. I had no issue towing with the Dodge but if it were to break down 1,000 miles from home there is no way I could have brought that truck to a dealer to work on. So I wanted that piece of mind knowing anybody could work on it in the event of. Plus I need a dually as the 3/4 ton was over loaded.

So, I like the new look of the Fords. Decided against a D-Max due to the stupid location of the DEF tank and they are not getting very good MPG.

One day when I get my RV out of the shop after a blown tire tore up the side. I am looking forward to hooking up to see what the beast can do.

Last Friday I picked up a F-350 Lariat FX4 Silver/Gray. The dealer also cut me a better deal then B&W could on the base to use my B&W 5th wheel hitch. It also has the 5th wheel prep in it. Which I do like. I believe one of my favorite features is the Weather Radar in the Nav.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good looking truck, everytime I see a center console I think to myself "that looks so much better then my jump seat".

Where is the DEF tank in the D-Max? Only gotta fill it up every 4000-6000 miles...
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 AM

DEF tank on the d-max is under the passenger side door, and to fill it is under the hood.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

May seem petty to not consider a GM pickup due to the location of that tank but it pushed me away. I could deal with bad MPG but this is to much for me

Last edited by mattpopp; 10-18-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
Good looking truck, everytime I see a center console I think to myself "that looks so much better then my jump seat".

Where is the DEF tank in the D-Max? Only gotta fill it up every 4000-6000 miles...
You should see the under the hood of them. It's not easy holding that 2.5 gallon jug of DEF that high and not spilling it because of the angle you have to pour at. My last job I got to drive them and under the hood of every single one of the GM's was white because of the DEF that had spilled and dried. Not what I'd want to see under the hood of my new truck...

And it never failed to splash and get on the person pouring also. It's aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 AM

Great looking truck, I love that color combo. That is a terrible place to put the def on that Chevy.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea Matt I dumped my 2008 dodge for a Ford about a month ago. Couldnt be happier. I used to see you over on another Forum. Welcome to the club.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:03 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I hate the way the Chevys frame goes so low in the front, then lets put a big tank for everyone to see. What were they thinking????
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcover View Post
Yea Matt I dumped my 2008 dodge for a Ford about a month ago. Couldnt be happier. I used to see you over on another Forum. Welcome to the club.
Yeah I still troll around over there. Honestly, If this Ford is half as reliable as my old Dodge I would be pretty happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
I hate the way the Chevys frame goes so low in the front, then lets put a big tank for everyone to see. What were they thinking????
Its like they were two days from releasing the new truck and totally forgot to add the tank. Of all the places they could have up it inside of the frame railing.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Congrats on the new truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.