2013 Ford Super Duty Talk - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 Ford Super Duty Talk

Is platinum an upgrade you would do?

The silver piece on tailgate, is it metal? Part of the tailgate or a separate piece?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The '13 is what I really wanted to wait and get. But the deals that they were having on the '12 trucks and the APR that I qualified for were just too good to pass up, the stars were aligned perfectly for that deal! It kind of sounds silly looking back but I really liked the setup of the new dash, the MY Ford touch and mostly where you put your electronics, ipod, usb or whatever. I am not a big fan of where you plug in the ipod now. Looking back I'm glad I didn't wait.

Now the Platinum edition looks cool bit I'm sure what they are going to be asking for it you would be better off getting the Lariat Ultimate package. I don't hate the tailgate, and I'm not sure if its metal or plastic, it just seems to look out pf place for me. Almost everything else I love about it though.

Good luck if you choose to shop for one!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Work is buying my truck, so I can get pretty much get what ever I want, just don't want the extra features of the platinum exterior to look like sh*t after a few months.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdika17 View Post
Is platinum an upgrade you would do?

The silver piece on tailgate, is it metal? Part of the tailgate or a separate piece?
A friend and I just ordered our 2013's. He is going Platinum and I am sticking with KR. Personaly I think the tailgate, bed letters and satin grill are designed for the ladies but to each their own.

I will let you know as soon as I see it, regarding the plastic.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think a sliver platinum would look awesome, the piece that goes on the tailgate is plastic we make both them and the platinum grilles at work and they are both big as sh*t
Old 09-30-2012, 05:26 AM

I had a Ruby Red Platinum speced out and ready to order until I saw that the 13 MY trucks would be a shorter than usual run. The 14" order banks open in March for July delivery. Since the Ruby was a color that wasn't available until February, the decision to wait a few extra weeks for some potential changes was easy.

Personally, I am not a KR lover. Too cowgirl for my taste. I'm not 100% sold on the Platinum either, but I did like the monochrome bumpers. I might just stick with the Lariat Ultimate if the tailgate looks tacky in person.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
The 14" order banks open in March for July delivery.
Yeah I was contemplating waiting as well but with the EPAís Clean Air Act mandating changes on these trucks in 2014, I am thinking that may be the reason for the short 2013 run. It could be a good thing, but I donít want to risk it with the 6.7. Hope I donít regret the decision!

Quote:
Personally, I am not a KR lover. Too cowgirl for my taste.
Touchť! To each their own, just saying.

I will admit I almost went with the Lariat this time as well. Never liked the two tone paint job, and (donít laugh) would prefer the PS badge over the KR badges. I donít like the wheels on any of them but those can come off. What I really struggled with this time was my í08 KR has the Castano leather but they stopped and went to plain Ďol dyed leather. If I have buyers regret after getting the 2013, it will be over the seats for sure.

Of coarse at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that there is Ford PS in the driveway.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanausdoll View Post
Yeah I was contemplating waiting as well but with the EPA’s Clean Air Act mandating changes on these trucks in 2014, I am thinking that may be the reason for the short 2013 run. It could be a good thing, but I don’t want to risk it with the 6.7. Hope I don’t regret the decision!

Touchť! To each their own, just saying.

I will admit I almost went with the Lariat this time as well. Never liked the two tone paint job, and (don’t laugh) would prefer the PS badge over the KR badges. I don’t like the wheels on any of them but those can come off. What I really struggled with this time was my ’08 KR has the Castano leather but they stopped and went to plain ‘ol dyed leather. If I have buyers regret after getting the 2013, it will be over the seats for sure.

Of coarse at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that there is Ford PS in the driveway.
I don't believe there are any emission standard changes until 1-1-2018. The current emissions meets these standards for the next couple of years. The next big changes will be fuel mileage standards. Expect a new complete truck, that is much lighter and aero efficient. But for now, my guess is the only thing different on the 14' will be some minor exterior changes and maybe a few more gadgets.

As far as the KR thing, I'm from NY. Cowboy isn't the same flavor as it might be down south and southwest.
It's more of a regional thing to me.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
The current emissions meets these standards for the next couple of years.
You may be correct, I am not aware of how the current emissions in the MY 2013 (> 8501 GVRW) measures to the mandate. I recall reading that the final stages of the clean air act begin with MY 2014. Seems strange to me to have such a short run but then I am not the expert on Fordís production practices either.

I should have bought the 2012 back in March as that is when my son turned 16 but I had to have the new NAV system. So hopefully I wonít be too envious of the 2014ís.

Quote:
Cowboy isn't the same flavor as it might be down south and southwest. It's more of a regional thing to me.
Yeah, living in Cowtown, KR is popular. Making the cowgirl statement or even saying your from NY might not be a good idea in these parts. JK, well maybe not.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Different cultures. We could use a little "red" thinking around here, and you guys could use some schools..
JK myself.. I couldn't help feeding into the preception..

This is a bleeding liberal State where handouts and giveaways are normal, and hard work is the minority vote.
Romney said it truthfully and perfectly in his secretly taped fundraiser..
Pisses me off that people keep feeding (voting) into the handouts..

Here's a picture of a Platinum that I was planning to order with my own black two tone paint applied.
Personally, I wouldn't expect any earth shattering changes. The main reason I am waiting is that I store my truck through the salty winters, and I wouldn't be getting the Ruby red until Early March when the color is available. So it's just a 3-4 month difference instead of a whole year.

Last edited by George C; 09-30-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.