Spartan vs H&S, opinions please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan vs H&S, opinions please

I have been reading a lot of different post about tuners and such and am curious if anyone has tried both of these tuners and what their opinion is on both. I know not a lot of people cannot drop a couple grand just for kicks but just curious the pros and cons of each, issues experienced, etc. This is not really a small purchase and I am just trying to make the best educated decision before I pull the trigger.

I will also add how invaluable this forum is. I have learned more about my truck by reading this forum than I would of ever had just owning/driving.

Thanks for the input, now let's hear some experiences please!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Apparently you didn't read enough. This topic has been beaten to death..

Since 2007 I have had 4 Ford trucks. I have run H&S on my last three trucks for what it's worth. Had spartan on my first truck for short period of time before dumping it.

This is DSL_PWR and I approve this message.

Last edited by DSL_PWR; 09-26-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

this type of thread can get quite passionate. i prefer H&S and have tried spartan and sct as well.
Price point, customer support and tune drivability.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOTIE View Post
this type of thread can get quite passionate. i prefer H&S and have tried spartan and sct as well.
Price point, customer support and tune drivability.
I am expecting some passionate reponses too! For me that will probably help make the choice a little easier. Thanks for your input. I have read that the customer service and ease of use is what sets H&S apart.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Apparently you didn't read enough. This topic has been beaten to death..

Since 2007 I have had 4 Ford trucks. I have run H&S on my last three trucks for what it's worth. Had spartan on my first truck for short period of time before dumping it.

This is DSL_PWR and I approve this message.

I have probably read nearly every thread on every powerstroke site concerning this topic, so if I, and I am sure other people, still have questions then its apparently not dead enough yet. Not everyone has owned 4 PS's and haven't had the vast experience and knowledge of tuners that you have. That's why I wanted to know about experiences from individuals, like yourself, and what made one better than the other.

So I apologize if this topic is so dreadful and annoying that you don't want to help inform the uninformed of which you prefer.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:09 AM

I prefer the ease of use of the H&S tuner/tunes and the ease of install and updates. Great shifting, tons of smooth usable power, and the customer service at H&S is awesome.

The few issues I have had with H&S were resolved quickly and efficiently. No complaints here.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
I prefer the ease of use of the H&S tuner/tunes and the ease of install and updates. Great shifting, tons of smooth usable power, and the customer service at H&S is awesome.

The few issues I have had with H&S were resolved quickly and efficiently. No complaints here.
Thanks brother, that is very helpful. I have been leaning more towards the H&S because of those reasons. I had done a little research on the Spartan and they look great on their website but I haven't heard a whole lot from them concerning the 6.7.

I hope to hear from some other people about their Spartan tuned trucks, too!

Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshelton13 View Post
Thanks brother, that is very helpful. I have been leaning more towards the H&S because of those reasons. I had done a little research on the Spartan and they look great on their website but I haven't heard a whole lot from them concerning the 6.7.

I hope to hear from some other people about their Spartan tuned trucks, too!

Thanks again.
You should read the 6.4 stuff on tuners. That will help you a lot in making your choice.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will check it out. I know I will probably spend a lot of time over there. I wish there was that much depth for the 6.7! But I'm sure it will before long.

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Spartan has a great tuner they make more power than H&S. Customer support is great never had a problem with them. From what I have read Spartan tuned trucks seem to shift better with the higher tunes. I really don't think you could go wrong with either tuner. I think a lot of guys are running H&S because of the price difference of the tuners. Also it use to be that if you got a Spartan you had to pay a extra for the Warhammer tune, it is no longer that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.