Buying First Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Made In America

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying First Diesel

Hey guys, new here. So i am going to pull the trigger on a new, to me, 6.7 which will also be my first diesel. I put a link below on one that i really like and would just like some insight on what you guys think of that truck, and also what all to look for if i do not get that one. Any info on what all is included in that one and what i am missing out on. I noticed it does not have the Nav interface, is it possible to swap that in? I have done so on rangers and other trucks, but being a 2012 im not sure if thats possible. Looks pretty clean to me but like i said would just like some opinions.

Also, i am currently deployed and my dad will be going to snag this for me, so what are some things i should task him with to look for when he goes to check it out? I know the worn brake pedal trick. He is also a newb to diesels so anything will help. I have lifted trucks before and know how much this one will save me already coming with mickey thompsons. Thanks in advance guys!

Columbus, Indiana 2012 Ford F-250 XLT Used Truck Seymour, Indiana North Vernon, Indiana Bob Poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Hyundai
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm on my third diesel truck and all I can say if your not going to do a lot of traveling and towing I wouldn't even bother with one. I'm not sure if I'll ever get another one. There is nothing cheap about them and you got to really keep on your maintenance especially with these 6.7
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 AM

buy a 6.7 i love mine just got mine 2 weeks ago and love being in it, my one thought on this truck is for 46,000 and u being in military u should buy new my sticker was 60,000 and i got mine for 48,000 x-plan and mine is brand spanking new.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Premium Member

Just doing it. I just did and am currently rocking 11.9L/100KM or 23mpg
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats too much for that truck mine is very similiar to mine and i got it for 44k new. mine actually has a few more options.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thank you for your service !

I just bought my first diesel also, mine is a black 250 XLT

The link you showed is an awesome looking truck

My truck does not have nav either - planning to go after market and add a back up camera there are several solutions from clarion and kenwood so don't worry about it

Love my truck, still get that stupid smile every time I drive it

Stay safe and enjoy it it when you get home

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.