Can you get a bench seat in a Lariet...? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can you get a bench seat in a Lariet...?

I'm looking at my first Super Duty truck... loving the 2012 F250 Lariet Super Crews.

I need 6 seatbelts to accomodate my wife + 4 kids. We won't ride that way often... but on long vacations where we tow the boat 500+ miles, I need the entire family to fit.

I really want a Lariet because I like the technology goodies, leather, etc. But my dealer is telling me they don't make the the Lariet with the front bench seat. Is that true?? I realize they may be rare, but could the truck be ordered that way?

I really don't want an XLT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Get a Lariat... Swap cloth seats in the front... Put on some seat covers to hide the difference!

That is what I might be doing sooner or later. No way am I going back to an XLT
Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes they make a 40/20/40 lariat. It's not a bench but it has a center jump seat console.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstroke View Post
Yes they make a 40/20/40 lariat. It's not a bench but it has a center jump seat console.
Yup and it has a seat belt.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM

I really wanted a King Ranch. In fact I had the wife convinced we needed a King Ranch. I was going to buy a King Ranch. That was it. No questions about it, we were getting a King Ranch. Badda Bing. No mere Lariat. And God forbid a XLT!
I traded in my 2006 Diesel Lariat. Gotta go up, right!
After spending hours using the 'Built It Now' feature on Fords website, I found myself asking, "What was I paying for in the King Ranch" verses a loaded XLT. My final breakdown was I wanted the leather seats and the King Ranch emblems from the King Ranch. Period. That was it. All the other featutres I wanted and needed I could get on an XLT. So, I bought an XLT with verything I wanted, (FX4, locking axle, tow package, power mirrors, center consol, Sirius, SYNC, etc) except leather seats of course.
I personally couldn't see spending 10 grand for leather seats.
I'm just sayin.

Last edited by Dualsportist; 09-06-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added lines
Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsportist View Post
I really wanted a King Ranch. In fact I had the wife convinced we needed a King Ranch. I was going to buy a King Ranch. That was it. No questions about it, we were getting a King Ranch. Badda Bing. No mere Lariat. And God forbid a XLT!
I traded in my 2006 Diesel Lariat. Gotta go up, right!
After spending hours using the 'Built It Now' feature on Fords website, I found myself asking, "What was I paying for in the King Ranch" verses a loaded XLT. My final breakdown was I wanted the leather seats and the King Ranch emblems from the King Ranch. Period. That was it. All the other featutres I wanted and needed I could get on an XLT. So, I bought an XLT with verything I wanted, (FX4, locking axle, tow package, power mirrors, center consol, Sirius, SYNC, etc) except leather seats of course.
I personally couldn't see spending 10 grand for leather seats.
I'm just sayin.
I hear ya, and I've wondered the same. The cloth seats are not really my hang up on the XLT. I figure I can add aftermarket leather for $1,000 and probably nicer than factory (e.g. different color stitching, piping, etc.). But can you get the full factory Nav package in the XLT? What about heated and cooled seats? Power fold mirrors? I'll have to look into it.

I did stumble across this last night... a 2011 Lariet with front bench seat!

2011 Used Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat at Watts Automotive Serving Salt Lake City & Provo, IID 9268905

Last edited by IXFE; 09-07-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXFE View Post

I did stumble across this last night... a 2011 Lariet with front bench seat!

You should have no problem finding or ordering a Lariat with the split front seat, they are not rare at all

I have one and love it because it will fit 6 adults with no problem! As long as everyone gets along together
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

I have a lariat with the bench seat in the front. love it
Old 09-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

IXFE.... I have the XLT with power mirrors incl, folding also I just ordered the leather interior for my truck in grey...900 bucks
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

mine is a lariat, with all the options, moon roof, leather seats, heated and cooled seats, fx4, nav system, two tone, back up camara, six passanger, locker diff,chrome package,upfitter switches, ladder on tail gate,remote factory start, garage opener on visor, memory seats, its called the ultimate lariat, everything that the king ranch has but its seats six, and all have shoulder belts and head rests.what so nice is that i have more leg room from not having the center councel. the main reason i didnt want a center councel is that i was in a head on collision , i almost lost my legs, if i had a center councel i would have lost both legs!!!, the extra room gave my legs a escape route, yes my legs got pushed toward the passager seat!!! i would never owened a truck that has a center councel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.