Has anyone bought the new banks automind programmer.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone bought the new banks automind programmer..

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Need Feedback

I have a 2012 and am looking for the same info
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't put a banks tuner on anything I own. The have excellent marketing and a crap product. Go with spartan or h&s.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't know much about their programmers...but my Dad put the Super git kit on his 7.3 and it really brought it to life. I've always felt Banks engineering did a good job based on that....but I could be wrong.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I almost got the automind 4 my 6.0L but thnx 2 XDP they talked me in2 a SCT tuner...luv it

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Made In America

Subscribed
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

banks 6.7 automind

I just put one on today. It was easy to use and I haven't played too much with it yet,but on Supersport it brought it to life quite a bit. The economy mode did nothing for the mileage at all though. Those are the only 2 settings I have tried yet. Mileage was he same on either setting,I was looking to get a boost and a little better mpg. I have the Banks airbox and exhaust too and like it. I had an 05 with 6.0 and had the whole Banks powerbundle on it,air box,aftercooler,exhaust and programmer,that thing was great. It made a bigger improvement on the 6.0 compared to what it does on the 6.7 IMO
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Any update tractorman

Sent from my SCH-I510
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Made In America

You said you have the banks exhaust, are you deleted or is it just the DPF back? I dont think you will see any noticeable mileage gain without tossing the DPF. Ive been deleted for about 2k miles not and its at about 16 and is slowly rising. Keep in mind though I am running 35's and a 4.5" lift.

IMHO the only people that really run Banks are faily uneducated and/or Cummins owners, oh yeah and that show Truck U, no offense. But if you read around the site you wont find much of Banks anywhere, again not slamming what you own I just feel that if you would of put some research time in you would of went with something better and would be having better results.

Last edited by Guardian29; 12-09-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

On my 6.0L I had the Banks 6 Gun, intercooler, air intake, high ram intake, Mrrp 4" turbo back exhaust. I had Eric at XD write me 3 tunes for the SCT programmer one being transmission control only. I would run the 6 gun on level 6 about 90% of the time. With 10" of lift, 38" tires & 4.56 gears I could still get 19 mpg at 70 mph on the highway. The 6 gun could turn those 38's over through third gear. Completely happy with Banks and customer service if there was an issue.

Now Eric's extrem race tune had about 75 more hp and you knew it once the tranny adjusted to it. Fuel economy would drop but that probably was due to my right foot. I would not keep it in that tune for more than a month as the tranny would start hitting hard when I was in traffic.

I tested a SCT, Bully dog, TS performance, and Diablo in 2004 on my 6.0 and Banks was the best set up by far. At that time HS and Spartan where not really out I guess as I never had heard of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.