Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana

Hurricane Isaac hit us and did us in. I had to leave my home. The National Guard came around at 10pm banging on the doors and hauling people out. Water didn't get in the house. The water came up to the foundation of the house. Alot of people lost everything. Some even lost their lives.

Days after the storm my Pastor sent me a text that they had been waiting 2days for his father n law to be rescued. At 10am I asked a State Trooper for help to get thru the water to.get to my Pastors house. The Trooper sent me to Home Depot where the National Guard and Wildlife and Fisheries had a base set up. I walked up to a National Guardsman and told him I had a elderly person with special needs that had been waiting 2days to be rescued. The guy looked me in the eyes, said "call 911" and walked off. They had about 100boats sitting in the parking lot. I went to my truck, called 911 and was told Wildlife and Fisheries is handling rescue. I was so pissed my brother and I rode around trying to borrow a boat and no one would loan us one. Couldn't believe people would be so dam selfish. We are under a dusk to dawn curfew and by this time it was after 3pm. I wasn't gonna let that Old man sit there another night. I drove my 2011 F-250 Super Duty thru the water and pulled up in the drive way. Midway thru I ran across a family walking thru waist deep water. Women, kids, teenagers, men, elderly etc.. I pulled over and told them get in. Lariat peanut butter leather interior and all. They were soaking wet. I had a bunch of towels the truck. I gave them towels to dry off and drove them out in the AC. The women and kids got inside and the men got in the back. I took them to a gas station where family members were waiting on high ground in a van. They were so.excited they tried to pay me. I didn't even look at what he had in his hand. I told him to keep his money because I wasnt out there for money. We dropped them off and headed back the the water. There was Porsche suvs, Silverados, Cadillac trucks, Mercedes etc.. all stalled in
the wAter.... Some spots scared me. I had water pushing over my hood a few times. We didn't stop... kept pushing. Picked up Mr. Terquite and took him to his sons house. Just like the family before him Mr.Terquite kept telling me how nice my truck was. My neighbor is a single woman with a Honda accord. She calls me Everytime she needs to get in or get out. The guy down the street asked me how much one of these would cost him. My truck is a 2WD, didn't think I would need a 4WD. Do I ever wish I had a 4WD with a lift kit...

This is my 1st Ford and 1st Heavy Duty truck I ever owned.... Now my buddys are trading there chevys and dodges in on.Super Dutys as soon as they can.

My house is ok... But the wAter is still too high to bring my wife and kids back..We are at my Dads house. Still no power but we are using my generator to run what we need and cooking outside on propane burners. The kids luv it because all my.nieces and nephews are here. Im back in the neighborhood I grew up in, everybody that moved out is back with family. I have seen people I haven't seen in 20-25yrs. Probably go home tomorrow, the wAter is going down.

SuperDuty Deisel
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120830_121908.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120830_121918.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120831_075720.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120831_163755.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120901_101815.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Here is a few pics of my house.. It shows different stages of the wAter. The last pic is from today. The wAter is going down.
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120830_155548.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120830_190916.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120901_104319.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:14 PM

This my neighbors house
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120831_075106.jpg   Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120831_075007.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn dude that is just crazy. we just got about 5-6 inches of rain here and my sump pump ran all day. and when you walk on the ground water comes out lol. im glad your house is still in one piece... how much rain did you get?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 PM

I have to get a 4" lift and bigger tires now
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120830_145104.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTractorsSexy View Post
damn dude that is just crazy. we just got about 5-6 inches of rain here and my sump pump ran all day. and when you walk on the ground water comes out lol. im glad your house is still in one piece... how much rain did you get?
Hardly any rain. The wAter backed in from Lake Ponchatrain and got us.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Glad you're house is alright. That's a great thing you did for those people.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM

This was at its highest... There's still spots with water to peoples roofs. My neighborhood never floods. I always said if I.flooded it would be a bad day.. It definitely was a bad day.
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane Isaac South Louisiana-20120831_075205.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
Glad you're house is alright. That's a great thing you did for those people.

Thanks man. It hurt my heart to.see those people in the wAter. The ants were terrible in that water. They tore my azz up. This is Louisiana. The swamp is less than a 1/4 mile.away. Its alligators and.snakes everywhere. People have no choice but to walk in the wAter. I've had so many people in this truck I lost count. They all comment on.how nice it is. I keep it clean and smelling good. When all of this is over Im gonna take a few days and clean it real.good. Until then Ill just keep the.interior up.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:50 PM

I bet the ants and snakes and stuff were bad. I've got a bunch of family by Lake Charles. I don't think it was to bad over there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.